Tuesday 25 September 2007

1978 March week 10

Sunday 5th March

Mother’s Day
(ah! Hence the daffodils, duster and cheque book cover)

Got up at 9.00 am.
Made Mam breakfast in bed cos it is Mother’s day (& I guess I had a few brownie points to earn back!)
Went back to bed & got up at 11.30.
Attempted some homework and failed.
Went to S’port at 7.00pm.
Me & Sam went to see ‘
The Last Remake of Beau Geste’ It was not as good as it was made out to be.
(Marty Feldman was brilliant, one of the funniest films of his was ‘Young Frankinstein’. I remember ‘J’ & went to see it and we cried laughing through out … it was released in 1974)


This picture reminds me of someone in their younger years???

Went to the Dixie for about 10 minutes.
Got a lift home off Martin in his VW, ‘J’ was with him
Home at 11.00 pm

Monday 6th March

Back to school
Darts concert at the Empire = didn’t go

Had Maths tutor. Did graphs.
Bev & Fi phoned.

Bev’s boyfriend had finished with her she was in tears.
Fi is off with ‘flu (I wonder where she got that from?)
Sam phoned (cor!)
Bev’s cat has had 2 kittens there maybe more. I wonder if Mum will let me have one?
Did French homework

Tuesday 7th March

Bev had her Physics C.S.E practical then she went home.
Had a Maths test on graphs.
Got form back from the Tech saying I had an interview on 13/3/78 but I cancelled it thinking I was going to a fashion show but I ain’t (glad to see I had my priorities right!)
Met Sam
Went to ‘J’s house from 8-10.30


Kate Bush Wuthering Heights number 1



Wednesday 8th March

Got up at 7.45 am.
Caught the 8.24 am train to Liverpool (how precise a time is that?)
Met Sam
Went to Lime Street Station & then we went to Wolverhampton.
Arrived there at 11.00 am.
Went to the Feathers pub for a drink and a game of darts
(sad as it may seem but I recall Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty playing on the jukebox)
Came home on the 3.12 pm train from Wolverhampton
We went to the Polytechnic there = rubbish (sorry Wolvo Poly!)
Washed my hair then went to the careers convention at our school
Phoned Sam had a bit of a barney with him but it is nothing serious (I hope) cos I love him

Thursday 9th March

Sam met me out of school at 3.40 pm.
He stayed until 5.15
Bev, ‘J’ & Sam phoned.
Sam was outside the Railway pub with Stan and Mike.
He is phoning tomorrow at about 6.00 pm
We are supposed to be going to Formby footy club do but Sam wants to go the Midnight Lounge tomorrow.

Friday 10th March

Had a practice German oral exam = ……. !
Took white jeans in they look ace. (I reckon flares were definitely out then!)
‘J’ called for me at 7.30 & we met Sam & Martin at 8.00 at the railway pub.
Wnt to Formby FC disco = no one there.
Went to the Bay Horse.
Then went back to the disco.
There was a fight as Sam’s mate had £12 robbed off him.
Sam went and stopped the fight (oh my hero!!!)
On the way home we got picked up by the pigs for speeding (I am typing what I see… what a horrid expression)
Martin took a breathalyzer = negative.
This rozzer said we were speeding doing 60 –65mph.
Martins speedo don’t work.
He will probably get a summons & £20 fine
Home at 11.30 pm.

(now the tale of the stop by the Police was quite amusing (I have checked this out with ‘J’). He went through some lights on red as there was no one around except a patrol car, it followed us up to ‘J’s house. Martin took the breath test and burst the bag. The police officer didn’t have any more bags so he called for a patrol car to bring one. Another patrol car turned up plus a ‘meat wagon’. We were actually waiting for the local plod to turn up on his bike as well… cos the village had one of those too. He did it again and burst that bag as well.. 3rd time lucky for him and unlucky for the police as it was indeed negative. Thank god it wasn’t outside my house. ‘J’ said her parents witnessed it through the window and they were so cool they just thought it was funny. I doubt very much my Mum would have thought the same)


Saturday 11th March

Got up at 11.00.
Phoned Bev & ‘J’
Sam has gone to Oulton Park to watch motor racing.
Went to Southport & to the ‘Brick
Also went into the Golden Inn to get me job back at the Outdoor café.
Sam phoned at 6.30 pm.
Met him at 7.30 & went to the Railway pub to meet some of his mates.
Went to some lads party.
Had a long discussion with Sam about our future together (god it has only been 3 months!!) as he is moving.
He says that if he is still going out with me then he will stay in Merseyside
I feel so mean.

4 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Where did you find that photograph of me?
This blog is nothing more than a pub crawl and how did he manage to keep bursting the bags that the lovely woodentops kept giving him? He must have been a fantastic kisser.

70steen said...

I think that photo of you was taken when you were on the Benny Hill Show ;-)

Must check with 'J' about his kissing abilities... will let you know

Anonymous said...

ah kate bush.... those were the days..... used to love that song. and I love "Running up that hill" or whatever the duet she did with the guy from placebo is called

70steen said...

I have a love / hate thing with Kate Bush. I do like 'Don't give up' with Peter Gabriel :-)