Monday 24 September 2007

1978 February/March week 9




Sunday 26th Feb

I’ve got ‘red flu’ Stayed in bed all day (I doubt it was red ‘flu it was probably just ordinary flu but as it was in the press at that time … that is obviously what I had!)

Sam phoned he was feeling a bit groggy after last night.
He then phoned me at night (awwww he cares!)
Bev phoned.
I feel really ill.

Mum brought the black & white telly into my room = slightly ace. (well can you imagine what a treat that was then, all I had in my room at the time was a transistor radio and my record player. My teen feels hard done to as her remote control to her portable is broken and she has to get up to switch over channels)

‘J’ is in Cholomendy with her sister & Martin.

Monday 27th Feb

Stayed off school. Feel a bit better I don’t ache as much as yesterday.
Tidied my bedroom (gosh I must be feeling better)
Sam phoned about 2.00 pm.
Bev, ‘J’ & Fi rang.
Fi is coming to see me tomorrow.
Phoned Sam he is phoning me tomorrow.
Got a letter from Corinna.
‘J thinks she is in love with Martin (ooops its not only the ‘flu that is catching)

Tuesday 28th Feb

Got up at 9.30 am.
Feel much better most of the ‘flu’ has invaded my larynx.
Fi came round at lunch-time & she decided to skive off all afternoon (tut-tut)
Had a great laugh though
Sam phoned at 2.00 pm
Phoned ‘J’.
Bev phoned & so did Sam.
Phoned Bev & Fi (OMG was I never off that bloomin’ phone)
Abba still number 1

Wednesday 1st March

St David’s Day
Got up at 11.30. Washed my hair.
Bev & Fi came round in the lunch hour & gave me the tickets for the disco tonight at Tiffany’s. (surely I wouldn’t be allowed to go!!)
Sam phoned.
Sam came round at 7.00pm.
Haven’t seen him for 3 days.
Went to the disco at Tiffany’s. (How on earth did I manage that one??)

Sam missed his train so he had to walk home, hope he is ok.
Fi got drunk (HA) (Now Fi was actually a good girl and this was very unusual for her)

Thursday 2nd March

Went back to school. Got sent home at 1.00 pm as I felt ill again.
Sam came round after school.
Fi phoned.
Phoned Bev, Jackie & ‘J’
Had a MASSIVE row with Mum (can’t think what that would have been about? Much!!)
I am staying off tomorrow, hope I can go out tomorrow night (what a madam)

Friday 3rd March

Off school again cos I’m not quite better.
Phoned the shoe shop and told them I wouldn’t be coming back in. They were ok about it. (nothing like giving them notice hey?)
Sam phoned & Bev came round at 4.00 pm.
Washed my hair & had a bath
Sam came round at 7.00.
Phoned ‘J’ both she and Martin came round at 8.30

Saturday 4th March

Got up at 11.00pm.
Went to Southport at 2.00.
Met Sam at 2.45.
Bought hair clips & slides, a feather duster, cheque-book cover, tights and bunch of daffodils.

Went for a couple of games of pool at the ‘Brick
Sam and family called for me at 7.00pm to go for a meal at the ‘Little Gourmet’
Had gammon, chips and mushrooms. Had a great laugh.
After me & Sam went to the ‘Brick and the Fox & Goose.
Came back on the last train

4 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I expect the massive row was about the telephone bill - I hated kids then and I still do now. Bring back the birch and give them all a good flogging - damned parasites.

Morning! how are you? At least Monday's over - cheerio

70steen said...

Morning .....awww how can you say that about kids when you have lovely Tiggz & Penfold?
Anyway I love kids ... but couldn't eat a whole one (the old ones are always the best :-))

Anonymous said...

mmm... lovely cheery daffodils

70steen said...

One of my favourite flowers they always seem so happy :-)