Friday 21 September 2007

1978 February week 6

Sunday 5th Feb
Got up at 11.45 am did absolutely nothing except make some oat biscuits (what I could cook??)
‘J’, Bev, Fi & Sam phoned. ( I have just remembered why folk almost always phoned me. My eldest brother paid the phone bill for mum, now he was earning good money. As a consequence he put a lock on it so I couldn't use it. It was a cream one like here aand the lock was put on number 1... what a meany)

Went to ‘J’s on the way to Tiffany’s. Stayed there until ½ 8.
Went to Tiffany’s.
Bev = pissed. She was crying over a lad. Fi = upset as her boyfriend chucked her and was seeing someone else and so on.

Who do they think I am Marg Proops?? (she used to give some good advice )
Sam was playing footy this afternoon = hurt his leg, thumb & toes (good grief what a miserable moaning lot today!!!)

Monday 6th Feb
Think I am getting flu.
Bev phoned.
Sam phoned he was in the pub.

He has told Mike that we are getting engaged as a joke as he is always lying. Tomorrow it will all round the High School. This is just a plan to make Mike look stupid (ha!) (not very nice but this lad was the biggest fairy tale teller in 70s land… you could never believe what he said but he would say it with such conviction)

Auntie D came down from Croydon ( ermmm shouldn’t that be up??)
Did some homework (jumps back in amazement!) (yes I did!!!!)

Tuesday 7th Jan
Went to Art college after school to meet Sam.
Got an application form for the Tech.
Sam in drawing until 4.30 pm then he went for a tutorial for an hour.

Got home at 6 o’clock.
Bev phoned. We decided to go the ‘Brick’
Met Sam. Had a good laugh.

Came home at ½ 9 did English essay on ‘Survival’ (it should have been titled ‘How to survive your O’levels when you are out all the time!’)

My brother’s girlfriend finished with him (awww! this was my younger bro not the meany eldest)

Wednesday 8th Feb
Went to the baths at 2.45 pm.
Sam arrived at 3.00 pm.
Didn’t swim because of a cold.
Me & Sam stayed there until 5.30 came home about 6.00.

‘J’ phoned then she came round about 8.00 pm.
She left at 9.30 pm

Finished my ‘survival’ essay. Did 7 ½ sides (yes but how big was the writing?)
Sam phoned. He is meeting me tomorrow.

Thursday 9th Feb 2 months

Had triple Art (oh heaven)
Teacher gace me 50 big sheets of paper (why??)

I am giving up Geology ( now I was taking Geology O’level as a 1 year course which I did in my lunch time…. I should have kept it up as I am fascinated by rocks, fossils etc … hey ho… I wonder if there is a night school going that does it ?? I know I am a geek)

Sending off my application for the Tech tomorrow (obviously a change of heart over catering college .. thank goodness)
Sam met me out of school. Stayed at our house until 6.00pm
Bev phoned.
Sam phoned from 7.40 – 8.30…. he said he loved me

Friday 10th Feb

Last day at school before ½ term holiday (yippeeee!!)
Bev came round to my house after school.
Washed my hair. (I was wondering about my personal hygiene... seems to have taken a dive!!)
‘J’ phoned
I phoned Sam (I must have begged for the key)
Went to the ‘Art Centre’ at 7.30 pm, then we went to the El Tonel. Had a great time.

Had ½ bottle of wine then ½ a litre bottle. Everybody = a bit smashed (I am still no good with wine!!)
Me & Sam had a big discussion about each other. I think I love him too (oh no get a grip girl……….)

Saturday 11th Feb
Got up at about 9. Phoned work and told them I was ill. Went back to bed until ¼ past 11.
Head = like a bullet.
Sam called for me at 1.30 pm.
Went to Southport (are you mad… you had phoned work to say you were ill)

Bought ‘19’ magazine.
Went to the ‘Brick’ had 1 game of pool
Weather = frosty 0 degree C but the sun is shining.

Went to Formby .
Went to the railway & had 1 martini.

Back to Nige’s.
Watched Mike Yarwood.
Sat listening to cassettes all night
Me = beggered after last night also feel ill.
Came home at 11.30 pm

6 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

If you had studied fossils 70's, you might have a better understanding of MEEEEEEEE! and it's good knight from him and ........ etc

70steen said...

Many a true word spoken..... so how are you this morning fossilface????

Daddy Papersurfer said...

"Fine" he said with a face like stone "and you?" - not really caring.

70steen said...

I am just fine and dandy thank you for asking :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Ooooo .... Technorati thingy.... interfering with your writing and everything!

70steen said...

oooo you are cheeky....
I have been polishing up some rusty armour!!

Just writing now ... just hold your breath :-)