Sunday 23 September 2007

1978 February week 8

Sunday 19th Feb
Got up at 11.30. Did some homework (faint) (see I even realized then that I was shoddy at it)
Sam & Bev phoned.
Had a bath and washed my hair.
Bev phoned again.
Sam came round at 8.00 pm an hour late.
Stayed in and watched ‘Moulin Rouge’ all about Toulouse-Lautrec.

(it was most likely the 1952 film with Jose Ferrer. I know we did a lot of Lautrec copying during the 5th year & I did/do love the bohemian/burlesque images he created. The 3 below I certainly remember reproducing)

Sam’s dad wants to have a harsh talk with him about his future tomorrow. (It had to happen ... my goodness we were never away from each other)

He went home at 11.00

Monday 20th Feb

PE teacher’s 23rd birthday (OMG how young was he…. This was the dude in the Capri)
Back to skool
Got up at 8.30 am. (erm we started at 9… ?)
After skool went to ‘J’s house had a long natter.
Sam phoned but I wasn’t in so I phoned him back.
His parents had a long chat about his future, college and ME!! He couldn’t tell me much about it as his mum & dad were around so he will tell me tomorrow (nail biting wait!!)

Tuesday 21st Feb

School as usual
It sort of snowed last night and it is still bitterly cold.
Thick snow down South (Cornwall& South Wales etc)
Bev phoned. She is in trouble with her mam again. It’s about her diaries this time (I wonder if she kept hers??)
Sam phoned from Lime Street station he has been to London today.
He then phoned me when he got home at 11.15 pm. He was a bit drunk.
He is meeting me at the baths tomorrow at 4.00 pm.

Abba is number 1 (wedgies on!!)





Wednesday 22nd Feb

School disco in aid of Magpie Appeal (didn’t go)


(Slight interlude found this whilst I was surfing YouTube.... that song such memories of Tales from Europe, Saturday mornings and school holidays !)




Went the baths at 2.45.Sam came at 3.25.
We went to the ‘Brick’ until 5.00.
Sam told me about his discussion with his parents. He is getting a job if he doesn’t get into Wolverhampton & he must live at his gran’s.
Also that he must not do anything that he might regret later with me!! (obviously the don’t put her up the duff convo)

He phoned me at 8.40 pm

Did chapter summaries on Mayor of Casterbridge (NM I knew I didn't only watch the film :-) )

Thursday 23rd Feb (10 weeks)

Sam met me out of school
He stayed ‘til six
Phoned ‘J’. She went to Nottingham yesterday to look at the college
Phoned Sam at 10.00
He is meeting me from school tomorrow
Had an argument with mum about him coming round tomorrow after school & at night (you bet we did and I am now that ‘mum’ and I would not put up with this!! I wonder if the parents had spoken???)
She said she would stop me going out with him altogether. Like hell she will
(awww bless Mum tried her best ….. oh god I am not as gentle as my Mum .. I guess I am in for a rough ride with my teen in a year or 2!!)

Friday 24th Feb

Sam met me at 3.40 pm. Came back to my house
‘J’ phoned then I phoned her back ( I guess I was ‘busy’ exactly what my Mum assumed!!)
Sam came round at 7.10.
We went into town 8.10 bus (number 17) (wtf was this obsession … I am now noting the bus numbers)

Went to the ‘Brick’, then we walked along Lord Street (I can see it now 2 love lorn teens discussing parents were ganging up on them)

At 10.00 we got the train back to my house.
Sam left at 11.00 pm.
Watched a film called ‘Lost Continent’ = weird

Saturday 25th Feb

This is written the morning after the night before

Worked 10.00 – 5.00
Sam met me for dinner
I bought a jumper(blue, pink & black) (sounds stunning .. not!) for £6.99
Also bought a card for Martin
Went to Martin’s party at 8.00
Sam was talking and flirting with this girl. I was so angry I wanted to bash her.
Sam says he is dead sorry for his behaviour. I forgive him, just about

9 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

You're getting a bit sophisticated for a Northern gal aren't you?
YouTube thingies et al.
Please sort out your Technorati widget - do it and do it now! I am so forceful and manly. Oooo ... got to go, the TG wants me to stir her tea ..... bye

Daddy Papersurfer said...

FMB seems to be up the spout at the moment. Your doing, techno boffin head?

70steen said...

Technorati has been removed..... I will sort it out later ... oooo how manly was that (did it feel good??? that nanosecond)

Anonymous said...

wonder what a handwriting expert would have to say about your sudden use of capitals mid PARAGRAPH..... :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Who's Nursemyra chastising? She's very strict you know.

70steen said...

Nm... I would hate to put my teen writing to the test... but my handwriting is now right slanting which according to t'internet experts means 'Right slant indicates a response to communication, but not how it takes place. For example, the writer may wish to be friendly, manipulative, responsive, intrusive, to sell, to control, to be loving, supportive' Most of thais me except the manipulative I guess :-)

70steen said...

DP .... I know but I probably need it :-)

Anonymous said...

oh daddyp you should know by now that I only chastise you and archie. but one day I'd like the opportunity to chastise penfold :-)

Anonymous said...

i don't know about his parents talking to him about you i think they should of been talking to him about how much alcohol he drank.