Wednesday 26 September 2007

1978 March week 11

Sunday 12th March

Got up at 11.45am.
Tidied front room.
Had a bath & hair wash
Bev, Fi, ‘J’ & Sam phoned.
Fi = MC after the
Yacht Club Disco & Bev = Craig G.
Sam came round at 7.15 pm. He’s got a swollen eye after being hit by a football.
He left at 11.00 pm

Monday 13th March

Passport at the Hoffenbrau Hause
Bev had a fight with Jackie R it was really good.
Went to Maths tutor did Equations
Had a coughing fit it was so embarrassing
Bev, ‘J’ and Sam phoned.
Sam is going to the Hoffenbrau House (I think that should actually read Hofbrauhaus. The Hofbrauhaus was in Liverpool somewhere but I was not allowed to go but I guess you drank out of steins and it was all oompah stuff!!)

He is going to see some mates of his in a group called Passport (I can’t think for the life of me who the lead singer was but I remember him being a most gorgeous male who wore eyeliner! I put a search in for 'Passport band' and got this ..... I feel this is not them lol)

Sam got gripped by the rozzers last night for using his pass on the train (I guess you were only supposed to use it in college hours)

Bev had her Maths tutor (erm… I don’t think in ‘that’ respect)

Tuesday 14th March

Had a Maths exam on Equations
Sam met me after school. He left at 5.45.
Bev, ‘J’ & Sam phoned.
‘J’ = worried about Martin as he was in a nark with her.
Bev = row with her Mum, she says she is going to leave home once she has done her exams
Washed my jeans & drainys

Wednesday 15th March (3 months to the date)

Got separated from the class in German by some student for messing about.
Went to town at 3.00pm instead of going swimming I met Sam in the ‘Brick. Had a game of pool, he won as I potted the black in the wrong hole. (drat!)
Went to the dentist at 4.30. Had a little filling.
Me & Sam walked from the dentist to my house.
Went to a fashion show at the Prince of Wales Hotel with Mum & ‘J’ it was really great.

Sam phoned at 11.00 pm

Thursday 16th March

½ day in school cos of teachers dispute – they want a 12% rise but are only getting 9% (was this part of the winter of discontent in Spring??)

Sam met me at 12.00pm.
Went to town at 1.30 pm.
Went to the ‘Brick and had 4 games of pool.
We went to the Art College to see ‘J’
Came home at 5.00pm
Bev & Sam phoned
Revised German oral work for exam tomorrow.
Got a letter off Corinna, answered it
Wrote Sam a letter

Friday 17th March

Had my German Oral exam at 11.15 am
Got 5 ½ / 10 for passage & he said my conversation was good.
Sam phoned at 4.30 pm
He came round at 7.00
‘J’ phoned at 8.30pm
Martin was round at her house.
Sam left at 11.30 pm cos Martin took him home in his VW.
Had a good time (eek)

Saturday 18th March

Got up at 11.00. Went to town on the 1.30 pm bus.
Met Sam in the ‘Brick.
‘J’ = job in the Coffee bean = £7.20 for 1 Saturday.
I start work at the Outdoor Café on Friday.
Bought ‘I love you’ Donna Summer (such a bad recording but the only one I could find!)

Sam came round at 7.00
Went to town at 7.45.
Went to the ‘Brick. Beat Sam 2 x out of 3 at pool (god I had had enough practice)
Next went to the Fox & Goose until 10.30.

We then walked down Lord Street and got last train home

League Cup final Liverpool 0 v Notts 0 replay Wednesday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's another pub crawl! No wonder 'got up at 11:45'!!!!!!!!
I hate students [except when I was a student obviously]

70steen said...

Yes it seems a fest of pubs, phone calls and mates!!! Wonderful :-)


(can you remember that far back??)

Anonymous said...

do you still keep a diary?

70steen said...

No i don't NM. I have added to the Master Diary as I have stumbled across it over the years and written a big piece in it as to where I was up to in life, also I have written some holiday diaries from a child's eye view (with momentos of where we went, stickers, brouchures etc) when my teen was little so she can be reminded of them when she is grown up