Tuesday 18 September 2007

1978 January week 3

Sunday 15th Jan (one month to the date)

Got up at 9.00 am. Went to church.
Stayed in all afternoon.
‘J’ & Bev phoned.
Sam phoned. He was doing his homework (sucker) (well at least someone was!!)
Did English essay about Hijacking (ok I will let myself off there)
Had a bath and hair wash.
Sam came round at 7.30pm.
Went to Tiffany’s at 8.00 pm.
He wore brown cord drainees (obviously flares were out by then!), blue shirt & tie, brown ‘V’ neck jumper.
Got home at 11.10 pm. Phoned ‘J’

Monday 16th Jan
Got French result 39%.
Had a lecture off Geog teacher about working hard for our exams.
Me & Bev got separated in Biology for talking. (oh how history repeats itself.. my teen in Maths!)
Went to Maths tutor after school, did combined transformations (what???)
‘J’, Fi, Bev and Sam phoned.
I am phoning Sam tomorrow.
Finished English essay
Washed my hair

Tuesday 17th Jan
Returned slip of paper about my exams.
It snowed.
Went shopping for P.E. staff in games lesson. Got a lift up the road by a teacher in his Capri
Phoned Bev & Sam.
Sam said he saw me on the way to school from the train(how embarrassing)
Had a comprehension exam = hard. (no surprise really how could I comprehend anything as I had not gone to bed early in days!!)
Went to bed at 10.15 pm

Wednesday 18th Jan
The weather is icy cold frost is everywhere. Hated getting out of bed this morning (oh the days before central heating, just a coal fire downstairs. Frost on the inside of the window. Going to bed in a jumper, clothes damp if left on the floor..... actually, come to think about it I lived in some flats like that in my 20s)
Went swimming = good.
Saw Sam when I was on the bus, leaned out of the window & shouted to him (oh how common!!)
Went to meet him at Art College. Went to El Cabala for a coffee.
He phoned me about 9.25 pm for ½ hour.
Bev phoned
Had a bath and hair wash

Thursday 19th Jan (5 weeks)
Medical 9.45 am
It snowed heavily (yippee)
Had medical = dead embarrassing had to take my bra off (gulp!!!) (I wonder what examination that was at such an age???? The nanny state we live in now I would be asking questions?)
Fell over in the corridor & cut my hand. (must have been the shock of the medical!!)
Bev, Fi, ‘J’ & Sam phoned.
Sam is meeting me out of school tomorrow
Made him a Valentines Card (but it is only January?)

Friday 20th Jan
Boring day at school.
Had triple German & double French (yuk!)
Had films on equatorial lowlands in Geography (yawn)
Sam met me out of school. Both he and Bev came round for a coffee.
Phoned ‘J’. Martin phoned her yesterday (yippee!!)
Sam came round at 7.15 and stayed until 11.00. Had a good time.
Bev phoned.

Saturday 21st Jan
Bill’s 18th Party
German teachers 31st birthday
Worked 10.00 – 5.00 pm.

Sam met me for dinner. Bought Bill a card.
Bought myself a Snoopy book.
Went to Bill’s party at 8.00 pm.
Me, ‘J’ and Bill’s sister got a bit drunk.
Sam made me walk it off as I felt sick.
He gave me my pressy, a silver bracelet with a little padlock on it.
He told me he loved me (OMG!!! after 5 weeks?)
He is taking me to the La Fontana (restaurant)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

'went to church' and then spent the rest of the week breaking the ten commandments - excellent!
The TG once had a doctor who made her drop her trousers every visit so he could look at her knees - even when she had a sore throat! He actually did get struck eventually but at the time she thought 'well, he must know something I don't'.

70steen said...

I was such a bad lass hey ...... :-)but at least I kept 6 & 7
Of course a sore throat is obviously related to a knee complaint (spill the beans for what was he struck off for ... or is it too much for a teen blog???)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Don't know I'm afraid ..... got more important things to worry about at the moment - my blog's blown up! Eeeek

70steen said...

I know and what have you done to FMB too???

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Nothing ...... probably. Anyway, I've just opened up a Google account - what does Emissionsgeschäft mean? I've just chosen it as my occupation.

70steen said...

Issuing transaction (translated on Google)
Strange occupation I must say????