Wednesday 19 September 2007

1978 January week 4

Sunday 22nd Jan

Got up at 11.45 am with a huge hangover.
Did maths homework (well that will be a big fat ‘F then!)
Went to town with Bev at 3.35 pm
Sam phoned. He called for me at 8.00.
Went to Tiffany’s.
He told me he loved me again (oh double OMG!!)
Came home at 11.30 pm.

Monday 23rd Jan

Got 3 cards today. One off Corinna & one off Auntie M.
Kate’s dad gave me his card it is about 3 foot x 2 foot. (gosh I remember it was the time when huge cutey cards were the in thing… the bigger the better. So glad we are now ‘less is more’)
Saw Sam on the train, he waved.
Bev & Fi at a party at Tiffany’s. Bev has just phoned me she is drunk (tut tut on a school night too!)
Sam phoned he is calling for me at 7.00 pm tomorrow

Tuesday 24th Jan

Ace person’s 16th birthday

La Fontana at 8.00 pm.

Got 19 cards today. Aren’t I popular!!! (eventually got 22)

Also got Bee Gees single ‘How Deep is your Love’ from Bev, lipgloss off Fi, talc & diary off Jackie (handy seeing as I have 2 on the go already) , a basket & Charlie perfume off ‘J’, £10.00 off Mum, £5 off Kate’s dad, £3.00 off my brother and my Auntie D.

Sam gave me a silver bracelet not the one I mentioned on Saturday as that did not fit .
It cost him £8.50. (hee hee can’t believe he told me how much it was)

The meal was ACE. We had orange juice, Sirloin steak, mushrooms etc. and fresh fruit salad. All together it came to £9.45.

Came home at 10.15 pm

Wednesday 25th Jan

Had a fire drill during French (there is a god!!)

Went swimming and Sam came to see us
Went to El Cabala until 6.40 pm
Fi’s boyfriend finished with her today. I feel dead sorry for her.
Bev had her hair cut today.
Phoned ‘J’.
Sam phoned
He is meeting me from school tomorrow

Thursday 26th Jan (6 weeks)

Party at Stan’s

Sam came to meet me out of school.
Called for ‘J’ at 7.30 pm.
Martin took us in his car to Stan’s at 7.45 pm

Party = good

Sam & I *%@^%$£

(Well you know …. we … well … we……………you know!! at least I waited until I was 16....)

Friday 27th Jan

Got my school report = OK
Sam met me out of school I read his A’ level thesis, it was good. (like what did I know?? It was about Edward Hopper)

He left at 5.30 pm.
He came round again at 7.00 pm & we went to the ‘Brick’ with Bev.
Came back home and watched ‘The Mayor of Casterbridge(very educational but I bet I didn’t see that much of it!!!)

Sam missed the last train home so he had to walk home (about 6 miles)
Hope he is ok.
Watched a film called ‘Blue’ with Terence Stamp in it = good.

My brother came home from Algeria this evening (my brother during the 70s & 80s worked in nuclear power stations around the world, it was great as a teen as he would bring back fascinating gadgets and pressies home plus stories of his adventures)

Saturday 28th Jan

Got up at 10.45 pm. Day off work
Phoned Sam.
He came round at 1.30 got the 2.10 bus into town.
Saw Bev & Fi in the ‘Brick’.
Bought a lumberjack shirt from ‘Stars’
Came home at 5.30 pm
Sam came round at 7.15 pm.
Went to ‘J’s at 7.45 pm
Martin came to ‘J’s at 8.15 pm
Had a great time. ‘J’ likes Martin quite a bit.

(I am slightly concerned not only by the alcohol consumption some 4 weeks into 1978, the fact I bought a lumberjack shirt & oh well 'you know what' !!! But more concerned about how the hell did I remember the time of everything and why was it so darned important??)

5 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

At least you waited two whole days after you turned sixteen!!
Honestly, I never did!! No wonder the place is in such a mess.
I'm still blogless, although the meter has been fed, but you can still blow up my bomb. Tell Random as well - tee hee.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

BTW I'm going to stay with Emissionsgeschäft - there are overtones that I quite like.

70steen said...

aww you was a bad lad then!! tut tut

I have fuelled you/ blown your bomb (which ever expression you prefer)

Emissionsgeschäft is a great word the Germans have a lot of gusty great sounding words .... may have to look a few up

I will let Random know but you know what she is like :-)

Anonymous said...

22 cards? my my you were/are popular

Anonymous said...

how did you get away with drinking all the time. i know your mum she would of gone mad surely.

i'm a lumber jack and i'm ok i work all night and i play all day. teehee