Wednesday 9 January 2008

9th January 1979

Tuesday 9
College at 9.00
Didn't do much came home at 3.30
Letter off Sam
Posted his letter
Sam phoned spoke to him for about 1/2 hour
Tony R came round with some photos of Follies = ok I suppose (bloody awful our faces are unrecognisable hee hee )



Ok from the Judy Annual. Why oh why do they insist in these darned books in encouraging you to be creative. Now I love sticking and gluing with the best of them these days I do Altered books ... soooooo therapeutic as an adult in a stressy life....... but as a kid you would spend hour upon hour doing what it said 'on the box' and it would turn out rubbish. The disappointment you felt was huge, not as a very small person though because anything you did then was a masterpiece but certainly it happened when you were at that age where you could recognise the difference from 'brilliant' from 'crap put it in the bin' (remember the Blue Peter Advent calendar, 2 wire coat hangers, tinsel and 4 candles??... and for you boys the Thunderbirds Tracy Island ... did it ever look like it said on the box? NO!!)

I defy any of you to make this and make look good when you can buy a perfectly good calendar for £1.99 in Wilkos ($1 from Walmart for across the pond)!!!



12 comments:

shle3pyb4by said...

how would you make your own calendar? uhuhh... i will be a total head-wrecker if i had the chance to make one! hehehee....

make one and send it to me, whatever ad however it looks like, i would definitely cherished it! :)

*dizzy as i have been twirling in daddy's blog for a while* *wink*

P/S: not to mention, the heart spilling moment in my new-double-today's-special post of mine! head-wrecking!

Anonymous said...

bricks? what are bricks pray tell? hey, if I can't get past the first instruction I've got no hope :-)

70steen said...

B4by if I get time I will make you a calendar ...... it will be rubbish you know hee hee

70steen said...

NM I wonder if they are talking about building blocks you get as a 'ickle kid .... but I'm with you couldn't get past that one :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Ah - sticky backed plastic and an old pair of Valerie's knickers - those were the days.

70steen said...

DP I bet you were one of those annoying people that what ever you modelled turned out brilliantly

Daddy Papersurfer said...

[in the knowledge that she is working hard on some homework and therefore won't have time to look at her comments for hours and she is very disciplined and grown-up]

YOU SMELL!!!!!

70steen said...

mmmmmm...... coffee break.
Where you an older brother at all????

shle3pyb4by said...

cant wait to get a calendar from 70s.. :)
hope its not in december you will send it? :)

yayyyy!!! :)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

How many coffee breaks are you on an hour?

70steen said...

B4by it may will be December the speed I get stuff done... but I will try :-)

70steen said...

DP you are so cheeky ... but now you mention it ???????? 1- 2- 3- 4..... shhhhhh!!