Monday 21 January 2008

21st January 1979

Sunday 21
Got a necklace off Sam for my Birthday = great (but it ain't my Birthday yet!!)
Got up at 11.00

Woke Sam

He stayed for dinner

Went to Stan &
Mikes houses
Every thing has cleared up (ish) from last night

His train was late from Ainsdale I hope he got his other train at Liverpool



This is the area where I work and what it was like today. The river that flows past my office must have been at least 8 -10 feet higher than it should be ..... on the photos I saw that swan he was just sitting it out waiting on the 'patio' of the pub ( they wouldn't serve him as he had no ID).... It was fascinating to see as obviously the swan knew to just sit it out whilst the humans stressed about it. Anyway to say it has been 'a bit wet' here today would be the understatement of the year



From 1975 advice how to keep your hair in tip top condition. I remember
rinsing my hair in vinegar because it made it glossy also I would sit outside in the sun with lemon juice on my hair . Woh how did that fry your hair but it made it really blonde. Also a beer rinse was another top tip for great hair .... what a waste lol


Fun in the sun .... the advice was how to not look like a lobster. .......erm no advice about the effects of the sun rays on your skin then hey?
I didn't come across the 'SPF', 'Factor what ever' until many years later ..... gosh 'J' and I would spend all day (& I mean from 10 - 5) on the sand hills at the height of Summer rubbing butter on ourselves so we would tan quicker and returning feeling ill .... could that be sun stroke perhaps??? By the grace of god we are both ok (so far) ... how scary is that????




18 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

'nice' and 'easy' ......... what are the chances?

70steen said...

What the hell are you doing up this late??

In answer.... very NICE but not so easy :-P

tNb said...

Oh, we spent as much time as possible slathered in baby oil, frying in the sun. SPF what???

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Is it your birthday today old girl?

shle3pyb4by said...

70steen, is it your birthday today????????? we should make a party!!!!!! yayyyyyy!!! i better get the present wrap! ;) traaa laa laa laaa....

70steen said...

DOH!!! NO ..... it said up there 'but it ain't my birthday yet!!!'....... not for a day or 2 yet

70steen said...

Oh tNb the other frying oil was coconut oil :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Why not have it early and get it over and done with?

fracas said...

We used something called "Lemon Go Lightly" in our hair.

It came in a spray bottle and it really was nice and easy!

Sugarqueensdream said...

I'm brunette I had other issues... Hugs and tell me when to get baking the cake...Hugs honey~~

70steen said...

Frac you are so more advanced than us Brits .... Lemon Go Lightly sounds far easier than squeezing loads of lemons although Jif lemon in a plastic lemon shaped bottle was certainly a god send :-)

70steen said...

Sugar brunettes used vinegar .... great for shiny hair ;-)

its not far off now ... another birthday I am thinking of knocking off the years starting now :-)

Jackie said...

Oh geezzzz...as a blond I too tried them all. And, I would simply fry each summer also.

After all, we just had to have the perfect tan right?

Oh speaking of kooky things we did and do....did you know that you are a "Sweet Tater"? Well you are!! Just come and see. It's not a video,not a meme, and not an award, it's simply........

http://shinade.blogspot.com/2008/01/to-all-sweet-taters.html
Hugs,
~Jackie

Anonymous said...

is it your birthday?!?!?!?

why didn't you tell me?

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

70steen said...

It's not my birthday yet!!!!! (shushhhh not til Thursday)

boat tart said...

Hey now its your birthday....so have a happy one and do all the things we girls are expected to do on such an occasion.....happy birthday to you 70's x x x

tNb said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

PS: What ARE we girls expected to do on such an occasion? May need to prepare for February ...

70steen said...

Thank you BT & tNb ..tucked away down here on the 21st lol
I expect it could involve alcohol, oooo maybe cocktails, partying, having loads of fun ....... yep I have some of that lined up for today/this evening