Tuesday 8 January 2008

8th January 1979

Monday 8
Back to college = ok (ish)
Got a letter off Sam
Wrote him back

Social Services was cancelled (this was part of my Food and Nutrition A'level curriculum. It was quite intensive, the cooking was fine but not so fine was the chemistry of food and social care.... a living nightmare.)

My brother = home from Iran, Dubie (ok I know it's Dubai !!) & Frankfurt.
Mum is so happy (I bet she was! Being a Mum myself now I know just how worrying it would have been for her. But me as a Teen.... yes I was worried a bit but it meant I could hang out in the lounge without being chucked out by him. It was quite horrid at times being the youngest of 3 with 2 older bro's)
Sam phoned

Petrol Strike is nearly over hurray (all part of the Winter of Discontent)



Any way never mind the Winter of Discontent... here we have the fore runner to internet dating 'Dial a Boyfriend'. It is so funny you can even cut out a hair style for your lucky boy ..... the worrying thing is and many of you may not know this but in the 1970's Daddy Papersurfer was a model. I can certainly see the resemblance can you???

Scanned from the Judy Album for Girls 1979

13 comments:

carrie said...

Ohhh...that DOES look like Daddy P...

70steen said...

hee hee doesn't it!!!!
(thanks for dropping by :-) )

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Ummmmmmmm .......... ahhhhhhhhh ....... tisssssh ........ mmmmmmmm ..........arrrrrrrgh ......huuuuuuh

I've just looked in a mirror and you could be right.
How much did I get paid I wonder?

Anonymous said...

the chemistry of food and social care?

WTF is that?

70steen said...

DP don't you remember you used to have to pay them!!!!

70steen said...

Exactly NM!!!!!!!

sylvie d said...

70 I too had a brother who used to chuck me out of the living room!
My deepest sympathy;-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Quite frankly I'm not surprised....

shle3pyb4by said...

i dont have anyone 'chucking' me from the living... im the eldest! im 'chucking' people... hehehe...

*devil twirl*

70steen said...

Sylvie- it's not nice is it when you are growing up the Big Bro syndrom although they came in useful for getting rid of un wanted suitors plus I used to charge them for doing their ironing hee hee

B4By - I am surprised at you ... I thought you were a quiet, shy girl lol

Jackie said...

Oh dear maybe I am glad that i was an only child after all.:)

shle3pyb4by said...

hehehe...quiet, shy girl? who is that? *giggles*

noooooo!! probably thats the other side of me... in once in a blue moon, perhaps! :)

uhuh, anyway... wrecko is not drunk. i think its more like, way out of it! technically... yeah. shinade, lucky you to be the only child! :)

70steen said...

My teen is always moaning she is an only child... then my eldest brother teases her like he did me... she has second thoughts :-)