Thursday 10 January 2008

10th January1979

Wednesday 10
Train was late
Got to Tech at 9.05 (whoops 5 minutes late!!)
Came home at 11.00 & washed my
hair (was there ever a point in going in??)
Went to Drill hall (?? no idea what this is about)
I am doing dress making

Phoned Sam but he was playing 5- a -side footy (football or soccer with only 5 players as opposed to 11.. indoors)
He phoned back at 11.00
They lost



As there is a small reference to footy up there I do have in my possession some 'SHOOT' annuals from the 70s (left languishing in the loft after the divorce!). So here are a couple of scans from them that amused me.

Check out the stack heeled shoes for men over the dark haired moustchioed chap's right shoulder and the HUGE ties


Now this is Billy Bremner
Famous for playing at Leeds and an all over lovely chap. I just love the caption to the photograph. For goodness sake it has learner plates on it and it is no Maserati/Porsche that the players today would drive it looks like a clapped out Lada

7 comments:

shle3pyb4by said...

moustache... uhuh... was really in the 70s... *giggles*

a picture im amused at and still wow-ed with it! good thing 70s that most of all the things in the planet amused me! silly me!! (as Daddy always said to me!)

*giggles and laughing and laughing and laughing to make sure that everything is perfectly okay with myself, which is still...errr... NOT*

Anonymous said...

that caption is hilarious!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

It looks like a Peugeot to me ...... and that's all I know about football.

70steen said...

B4by in the 70s it was moustache city ... except for the women (mind you I think some did have some)

NM.... I just thought it was so funny. I read the whole article thinking it was a wind up but it wasn't

DP..... I guess that is a boy thing>???

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Sorry - I thought I'd put my trousers on.

70steen said...

you are becoming a bit forgetful ... don't worry nobody spotted anything!

shle3pyb4by said...

spotted!!! i did!!! (uhuh... spotted what?)

*giggling and twirling in wonders*