Sunday 27 January 2008

27th January 1979

Saturday 27
Got up at 11.00
Went t
o Stafford in afternoon
Bought makeup, stockings and belt

Also bought Quincy
Jones single
Went for a meal in the Woolpack = great

Had a good long natter with Sam

Really lo
ve him

I have no idea what the Quincy Jones single it was but I do like the soul sound now and am a Qunicy fan but back then I guess it was more going to be a disco track like 'Ai No Corrida' in the early 80's


but this track is fabulous combining Barry White, James Ingram and maybe some others.



Looking at events in 1979 I thought I would see who was born this year and is now in the public eye.


Pete Doherty - oh Pete is famous for drugs and his relationship with Kate Moss. He is in the band called Babyshambles and apparently he was also once in the Libertines but nobody liked him!!!

Morena Baccarin - actress in Serenity
Bob Bryar - Drummer in one of my Teen's favourite band's My Chemical Romance

Tom Chaplin from the most excellent 'Keane'


John Hennigan - or Johnny Nitro
Jennifer Love Hewitt - amongst other films 'What did you do last Summer'
Evangeline Lily - of 'Lost'(what a lot of brunettes that year)
Micheal Owen - he used to play for Liverpool F.C. & England and my Teen wanted to marry him when she was a pre teen (I am not allowed to mention that fact to her now lol)

And last but at no means least Heath Ledger. Such a tragedy, so talented, young and lovely.

15 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Ah, no blog Sunday again. How I do enjoy them.

70steen said...

Huh DP what are you talking about ?

*snigger*

tNb said...

I wonder if the belt you bought in '79 matched your earrings ... oh, weren't we stylish?

fracas said...

That's an awesome photo of Love-Hewitt. I'm working on those Melinda Gordon powers.. the potion's not quite right yet though.

I have devised a way for you to get Donny Osmond's attention.

Pagerank.

When you're on the top of the Technorati list, he will have to call you. Head over to fracas and see how a good bang might help you win Donny.

But I'll keep slaving over the cauldron just in case.

Anonymous said...

I love Serenity! have you watched the whole Firefly series?

Jackie said...

oh my you always bring back such lovely memories.

And yes what a tragedy concerning Heath Ledger. So sad!!

Sorry I have been slow getting around but I am trying very hard to get a project done for Fracas.

Hope you have a great week,\
~Jackie:):):)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Did I ejaculate too early?

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Whoops ......

70steen said...

tNb~ I know for a fact that the makeup would have not matched ... heaps of lilac eyeshadow was a must lol

70steen said...

Hi dear Frac~ thanks for the tag/link thingy I am absolutely rubbish at these types of things..... but surely after all this time Donny knows I exist???? But an extra pinch of ground horn of a Sagittarian male wouldn't go a miss in the cauldron ;-)

70steen said...

NM~ no I am afraid Firefly has passed me by ... it is now on my 'to watch' list thank you :-)

70steen said...

Jackie ~ I am so intrigued at what you are doing for Frac I can't wait

Yes tragic it is about Heath. Over here I have heard he may have had a heart attack how true that is I suppose it will come out in time :(

70steen said...

DP~ TMI.... have you seen a doctor about that? If not I know a great nurse and a hospital that could help you with that !!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Nursey is right, as usual, fantastic series - pulled by the networks, damn shame. 'We aim to misbehave'

70steen said...

because I don't watch T.V. that often I miss a lot I suppose ...... will look it out