Tuesday 2 October 2007

1978 March week 15

Sunday 9th April

Sam comes home (Yipee!!)

Got up at 10.15
Phoned the café but they weren’t opening (obviously another wet horrid day)
Tidied my bedroom and played darts with my brother. (I loved playing darts, in fact this put me in good stead for the future. I played for a ladies darts team (we were a refined lot G&T’s not pints) and I was their captain for years. In my loft I have an array of tacky trophies for all the tournaments I won (180, least darts, Captains cup, league champions etc……. I even won a years free drinks in a pub once when this bloke challenged me to best of three and I won …….. ahh those heady days lol)

Bev phoned at 7.15
Sam phoned at 7.00 & he came round just after 8 (like a mint???)
He bought me a little leather boot, a small bottle of wine and some sardines (SARDINES??? Well I suppose Portugal is famous for them)
Didn’t realize how much I had missed him until I saw him tonight (erm read back in your diary)
‘J’ phoned after seeing ‘Annie Hall’

Monday 10th April

Tutor (Maths) 4.00 pm

It snowed last night
Got up at 10.50
Sam came round at 11.00 (mmm? only 10 minutes after I got up!!)

Made him an egg omelets = YUK! (1. can you make an omelet out of anything but eggs & 2. hey I had not done my A’Level in cooking yet)
He left when I went to my tutors at 4.00
Bev phoned she was having a get together but I didn’t go
Sam phoned. He is meeting me outside the Classic at 7.00 tomorrow
Watched a film called ‘Heist’ with Warren Beatty and Goldie Hawn (apparently it was called Dollars in the US ...............'Join Warren Beatty and Goldie Hawn in the heist of the Century in this suspense-packed romantic thriller! Joe Collins (Warren Beatty) is a charming American technician installing a new security system in a Hamburg bank run by Mr. Kessel (Gert Frobe). With the help of Dawn Divine (Goldie Hawn), a feather-brained hooker with a heart of money, Joe masterminds a scheme to beat the burglar-proof system from within. According to the intricate plan, they’ll steal only from the criminally rich, including a kinky attorney (Robert Webber) and a racketeer, Sarge (Scott Brady). Everything clicks for Joe and Dawn until the brutal victims discover the theft and pursue them in a riveting chase across a frozen lake')

Tuesday 11th April

Back to skool Skull =ok ish

Got 92% for an algebra exam (well blow me down doubt I would get 2% now!!)
Met Sam outside the Classic Cinema at 7.10. He was 10 minutes late (oh obsessive ‘time’ woman)
Went to see ‘Annie Hall’ = quite good 6 ½ / 10 (oh that Annie Hall look.. the hat & masculine clothing but looking fabulous.. the waistcoat & tie!!)

Came home at 11.00
Watched Elvis Costello on the Old Grey Whistle Test (& whispering Bob Harris!)
Number one still the same as last week (oh deep joy)

Wednesday 12th April

Went to school
At 2.30 came home then went to town .
Got copped by the big guy on the station for not paying at Ainsdale.(oh so you were trying to bunk the train then? Tut tut )

Met Sam at 3.00 pm in the ‘Brick
Then we went to change Mum’s handbag & I got me a pair of grey stilettos £10.99 (they were such lovely shoes, suede and leather) & a hat for £2.50 (it is quite amusing 31 years later the last pair of shoes I bought were £8.00!!)
Then we went for tea in the Arts Centre

Got £7.00 wages
Phoned ‘J’

Liverpool 3 v M’ Gladbach 0

Thursday 13th April (17 weeks)

Went to school
Sam met me afterwards
Phoned ‘J’ we are going swimming tomorrow
Sam phoned. He was busy packing cos they are moving tomorrow

Fi’s boyfriend finished with her yesterday after 1 month 4 days (those 4 days are so important!)

Friday 14th April

Sam moves to his grandparents
Went swimming after school with ‘J’ , Sam and Fi
Bought some ‘Almay’ mascara £1.25 (current RRP £4.00 so things are relatively cheaper nowadays)
Got home at 6.45
Went to Formby at 8.15
Helped clean Sam’s house
Stayed there until 10.45 & got the train at 11.15

Sam now lives in Waterloo
‘J’ & Martin = 3 months

Saturday 15th April (4 months to the date)

Kate’s wedding (incase you are not with the whole diary read.... Kate is the daughter of my Mums 'boyfriend'.. my dad died aged 44 in 1967 and Kate's dad found my Mum some 6 years later and was her constant companion for 25 years)

Got up at 8.30 am & had a bath.
Went to the hairdressers at 9.30.
Hair not too good.
Went into town to see my brother be best man at his mates wedding at the Town Hall (now this was a strange wedding as my bro was once a Teddyboy and the groom still thought he was!)
Went to church to see Kate’s wedding = ok
Sam came round at 7.30 & we went to the Parish Hall to the night do = quite good
Kate’s dad gave us £5.00 between us for drinks

Got a bit drunk = 6 Martini’s (if you can remember how many drinks you had you ain’t that drunk lol)
Sam stayed the night in the front room. Went to bed at 1.30 am

(there is a photo of me somewhere at the wedding wearing a floral shirt, gypsy top and those grey stilettos... will have to hawk it out !)

7 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Cooking skills - you are not a good catch
Dart skills - you are a good catch.
Ummmmmm .......... I'll have to do some sums ........ oooooo, you're good at algebra apparently

70steen said...

That was before my A'level cookery course .......
You throw darts you don't catch them!!!!!! (wow you are loosing the thread/plot/ marbles hee hee)
Alge what?

Of course I am a great catch ask any of my 7 husbands

Anonymous said...

funny you should mention Annie Hall. people often use to comment on my resemblance to diane keaton back then.

not so much now. of course she's MUCH older than moi :-)

70steen said...

Oh she is surely far older than you and not nearly worn as well :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

What a crawler!!!
Actually Nursemyra is far more attractive ........ I speak as a father figure of course.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Why do my comments have a dustbin at the bottom? Do google have a file on me?

70steen said...

I speak as I find DP NM is lovely as you are too of course!

The bin is there in case I decide I don't like you or in your case you don't like yourself... but there again you could be right about Google..... Oh & btw what have you unleashed onto blog???