Monday 15 October 2007

1978 July week 27

Sunday 2nd July
Got up at 10.00
Had a bath then phoned work but wasn’t needed.
Phoned Sam at 11.00
Went to my Auntie & Uncles in Halewood
Sam phoned
His parent’s had come up from Stafford so he had to stay in
Went to bed at 12.30

Monday 3rd July
Got up at 10.45
Went shopping (paid Kate’s dads phone bill, bought 2 stamps & a bottle of Clearasil cleansing lotion, wow!) (no spots on me I use Clearasil)
Sam came round at 12.30 til 2.30
Cleaned Kate’s dad’s house will finish it tomorrow
Met Sam at 7.30
Went to see ‘Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind’ = OK 6/10 maybe 7/10
It was a bit corny at the end
Went to the Art Centre for ½ hour
Came home and watched a film called ‘The Blob’ = bad acting but ok (oh my oh my 'bad acting'!! I obviously hadn’t understood B Sci –Fi movies then, I just love them)






Tuesday 4th July
Owners of the café phoned at 9.15 & asked me to work
I said no as I had other things to do
Sam came round at 12.00 (no it wasn't that but there is a time delay .......?)
Went to Kate’s dad’s house worked there from 2.30 – 4.50.
Sam dug the garden
I cleaned the paintwork etc got £2.50 each (suppose not bad for a couple hours work a full day in the café netted circa £4.00)
Sam came round at 7.30.
Watched TV & listened to records
He left at 11.00
Fi rang

Wednesday 5th July
Got up at 9.00am
Phoned Fi at 10.30
Went to town with her
She lent me a book called ‘Fiona’ & gave me Sam’s card
Bought a book token for £1 & a record token for £4.00 for Sam
Sam came round at 3.00 & left at 4.30
Went to town at 7.30 to the ‘Brick & Art Centre
Been finding out about Sam & his ex
Walked along Lord Street came home at 11.10 pm.

Thursday 6th July
Fi fleas on holiday
She is going to the South of France
Worked 10.00 – 6.15 pm
Weather = dull in the morning
Sunny in the afternoon
Sam dug over one of our neighbours garden and got £4.00
Wrote to Boots (why??)
Sam came round at 7.45 & left at 11.00
My brother went jogging on the beach (faint … ha ha)
Other brother went to the Fox & Goose with his girlfriend
‘J’ has an interview at Brighton College.

Friday 7th July
Got up at 9.00
Worked 10.15 – 4.15
Weather = cold & wet
Sam came to see me twice
Met him at the ‘Brick at 7.45 with ‘J’, Bri, Chris, Steve & Mike
Me = jealous over something Steve said (well come on what was it??)
We went to the Midnight Lounge = ok ish (& written in Sam’s handwriting ‘bad ish’ ….. gosh I must have let him root through my diary!!)
Sam went back to the ‘Brick at 11.00 I came home
I trust him (I think)
Tidied my bedroom before I went to bed

Saturday 8th July
Go to Stafford
3.21 train from Lime street (oh god how precise is that!! I am scaring myself now )
Got up at 9.30
Phoned Sam at 10.35 at Mike’s he was still in bed
Went to town and bought a kagoul £4.50 (what was I thinking about? No one looks cool in a kagoul, even one that waves at you!! But there again maybe Donny would x)
Sam phoned at 12.45
Met him at W
aterloo
Got to Stafford at 4.30
Went to the pub ‘The Woolpack’ walked round the village = very nice
His mum & dad’s new house = gorgeous
Watched 2 rubbish horror films
Went to bed at 1.00 am
Sleeping in his sister’s bedroom

5 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I'm with Nursemyra about your anal need to define time so often and so accurately.
I've worked it out now, that you're are probably a watch maker, working in a basement, swaying backwards and forwards as regularly as a metronome. Am I right or am I right?

Anonymous said...

I didn't know what a kagoul was but I don't think I was missing much

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Thank goodness your spelling is improving ........... at last.

70steen said...

NM I learn something new every day at Gimcrack ......(my world has opened up hee hee)
I am so happy I have ben able to return the favour :-)

70steen said...

DP- I looked it up