Sunday 7 October 2007

1978 May week 20



Sunday 14th May (22 weeks)
Got up at 11.00
Fi phoned
Sam phoned
Went to Sams at 2.30
Stayed there for tea
Weather = lovely so we sunbathed
Me & Sam came home at 7.30
Bev & Fi rand
Phoned ‘J’. She and Martin have finished.
I feel so sorry for her but she had an idea it was over a few days ago
Sam left at 11.00

Monday 15th May (5 months to the date)
Sam had his A’Level Art I exam
Boring day in school
Maths Tutor at 4.30 pm went over old papers (how riveting!)
Phoned Sam
‘J’ came round.
Things are just not going right for her
1st Martin finished with her
2nd She didn’t get into Nottingham
3rd Her A’Level pottery piece broke.

She came with me and Mum to a Wicker party (wow that was bound to cheer her up… it was the era of Tupperware parties. Mum worked in an office and she was always invited to these things. She didn’t have a lot of money, most of her collegues worked for 'pin money' they were bored and their husbands earned enough already. It wasn't the case for Mum, she hated going as she could not afford to part with cash for trivial things. Although I do remember a few pieces of Tupperware in the house and we did have one of those awful pin and thread pictures on the wall for years. I know there is a photograph of it behind me on my 18th … must root it out)




I got a basket wall hanging 85p (sounds delightful) and a mat 68p
Sam phoned but I wasn’t in (no I was having a huge amount of fun with basket cases... scarily many of the women there were the age I am now....... I confess to hosting a Body Shop Party and I am considering an Ann Summers one lol, no Tupperware in sight )

Tuesday 16th May
Drew a cucumber in Art
Played a bit of softball in games
Weather stil = very hot
Sam met me after school
He phoned me at 9.00 pm
Will see him again tomorrow (oh what a surprise!!!)
Washed my hair & had a bath (wow)
Number 1 still the same as last week

Wednesday 17th May
Getting my hair permed
Skived German
Went to school at 10.45
Went to town at 2.30
Met Sam on the train
Played pool and got £4.00 wages
Came home at 5.30
Went to Alison’s house at 7.00 pm (OMG a home perm!!)
Got my hair permed looks ……….. ok (ish)
Got home at 11.30
Sam phoned he is phoning me tomorrow morning
Phoned ‘J’ to see how she is, she seems a lot more cheery

Thursday 18th May
Hospital 2.15 pm
Got up at 8.30 am
Didn’t go to school
Did some Maths for Tutor
Sam phoned at 11.00
Bev came round and we went into town

Met Sam in the ‘Brick
He says he likes my hair
Went to the hospital the consultant said I can do a little sport but I must go back in November
Went back to the ‘Brick and played pool
My brother has got some girl pregnant (stupid boy) Huge rows in the house I am staying out of the way (now this was quite amusing, he had just got divorced (oh and obviously back from the Sahara by now). Her mother phoned to say he had got her daughter up the duff, he had only just got divorced and I remember my mum shouting this fact …… he didn’t really deny it but not long after this girl married someone with the same name as my brother… so who was the father ????? )
Sam phoned at 9.15
Revised Biology for 1 hour (faint)

Friday 19th May
Got up at 9.30 am
Did some more Maths.
Bev & Fi came round at lunch time and went to school at 1.00pm
Geography teacher really skitted me about my hair (how unprofessional lol)
‘J’ came round at 7.30
We met Sam in the ‘Brick at 8.00
Went to the Midnight Lounge.
Got home at 11.15
Have had 1 ½ pints of cider = feel a bit groggy

Saturday 20th May
Got up at 9.00
Phoned work but they said I am working Sunday
Phoned Sam at 12.00
Sun bathed 2.30 – 4.00. Not hot enough to get brown
Revised Geography, French Oral work & Maths for Tutor
Sam phoned at 6.45 & came round at 7.15
We went to the beach and all round the sandhills
Saw 8 bunnie rabbits (ah!)
Sam left at 11.00

4 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Luckily my brother is much older than I am, hard to imagine I know, so I had little or no idea what he was getting up to.... (not much I should think but you never can tell)

70steen said...

Wow he must be ancient but wasn't he the better looking one lol

I must admit I just thought it hillarious as he was in soooo much trouble off Mum

Anonymous said...

you drew a cucumber? wow that was really worth mentioning... unless "cucumber" is code for something else.....

something to do with that french oral you never stop working on

70steen said...

NM I am afraid it was a common all garden cucumber goodness knows why we had to draw it ... probably the only thing in the teachers fridge that morning

mmm of course yes cucumber, soft ball and French Oral ... what a combination :-)