Sunday 21 October 2007

1978 July/August week 31

Sunday 30th July

Got up at 9.50
Supposed to have been at work then (oops)
Got there at 10.45 eventually
‘Waited on’ the Golden Inn for 3 hours as the weather was bad (& you know how much I hated this. A packed café with ignorant, rude customers who had no perception of that I was doing my best …. I AM NOT A WAITRESS I AM A FREE TEEN)

Came home at 6.45 pm
Phoned Sam in my lunch time
He got jumped last night on walking me to the station. He is ok thankfully!
Went to the railway and then Mike’s house
Came home at 11.20
Sheila’s dad is in intensive care (you know I have no idea who this is ... how bad is that??)

Monday 31st July
Bev’s party at Tiffany’s

Worked 10.00 – 5.30
It rained Yip
Sam came to see me
Went to Bev’s party & because so many were under age the bar was shut & only soft drinks were served
Got home at 12.15 am
Sam stayed in my brother’s bedroom
I got a bit upset as he was acting very strange towards me
Everything is ok now thank goodness

Tuesday 1st August

Got up at 9.45
Went to wake Sam & gave him a cup of coffee
Got a letter off Corinna
Cleaned the bathroom whilst Sam watched (typical)
He left at 4.30
Met him later in at the station
Went to the ‘Brick & Art Centre
Had an argument with Sam about some girl who was eyeing him up
He apologized but said something that made me think about our relationship (I think we will never know what that was??)

Wednesday 2nd August

Worked 10.00 – 7.00 pm
= buggered (yes a long old day!)
we were really busy
£18.00 wages

Sam came round at 7.30
Stayed in and listened to records
He is coming round tomorrow at 1.30
I still love him

Thursday 3th August (33 weeks)

Doctors at 9.10 am
Went to see Dr Newman (you will love this next bit!!)

I have a dislocating jaw (lol)
I have to see a consultant at the Promenade Hospital
Sam came round at 12.30
Polished living room
We went to Formby & met Mike in the Railway
Had a really good laugh
Went back to Mike’s house
Sam = in a better mood towards me
J& Fi rang

Friday 4th August

Mr & Mrs ******** go to Scotland (Sam’s parent’s how respectful was I ‘Mr & Mrs’?)

Worked 10.30 – 6.30
Weather horrible in the morning, bright & sunny in the afternoon
Sam & Fi came to see me
Sam has had his hair cut = really nice
Met him in the Railway
Went back to Mike’s house = great time except for a little mishap (read into that what you may!!!)
Came home at 11.00
Sam went to the ‘Brick 10.30pm – 2.00 am

Saturday 5th August
My cousin and her husband come up from London
They arrived at 1.30
She hasn’t changed a bit
Went to Woodvale Air Rally = great
Had an argument with Sam so I came home
He came round at 6.45 everything is ok now
Fi. ‘J’ & my Auntie D from London phoned
My cousin and Mar went to my auntie & uncle’s in Halewood



5 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Please let me talk about the dislocating jaw and how sorry I am that it's better - please please pretty please. OK - I won't - just to save your finer feelings.

[If you put your voting URL under your plea, it might be more effective - oooo, I'm a wily old bird]

70steen said...

It was darned painful I can tell you ....... can't think how I got it though being so quiet

mmm?? I will have a go not that anyone visits much :-)

70steen said...

you know I have no idea what I am doing..... which is probably just as well

John C said...

We were so abused in our first jobs. Made me think about my first one as a busboy. :)

70steen said...

wht does a busboy do exactly? Being very English I have only come across the term in movies :-)

But yes we were worked hard .... thank goodness it has got easier