Tuesday 9 October 2007

1978 May/June week 22

Sunday 28th May
Got up at 10.30 am
Washed my hair
Sam phoned and he came round at 1.45 pm
Today is the hottest it has been for a long time
We decided to take a pique-nique (oh cool spelling!!) lunch & go to Formby beach away from the crowds
We stayed there until 6.00 pm then we came to Ainsdale
Watched The Godfather 1 it continues tomorrow = great (horses heads in beds, revenge a dish best served cold and all that .. fabulous)
‘J’ phoned, she has been pig farming today (wow) (think I prefer pique-niques myself!)

Monday 28th May
Bank Holiday
Worked 9.30 – 8.00
Weather = boiling hot again = dead busy
Came home at 8.10
Mum picked me up
Fi & ‘J’ phoned
Sam is in Stafford with his parents
He didn’t phone but I didn’t expect him to
Miss him
Watched The Godfather part 2

Tuesday 30th May
Got up at about 10.00
Did 1 ½ hours English revision

Stayed in all afternoon
Sunbathed for an hour
Sam had an interview at Bournemouth College
Al, Bev & Sam phoned
He doesn’t know if he’s got in yet
He’s in Stafford until tomorrow
I miss him
Watched ’79 Park Av’ by Harold Robbins on TV
Went to doctors with bad throat

Wednesday 31st May
Got up at 10.30
Did some Maths revision (WT is this??? I like the Q7 quip though!)
Went to Southport at 3.00pm met Jane on the bus
Went round with her.
Met Fi after Jane had gone home
Bought 2 badges (Paddington one for Sam and a Rupert & Edward one for me)
Bought at tiered skirt £6.50 & a T-shirt £1.20
Came home at 6.00
It thundered & rained & was sunny
Went to the Natterjack with Sam (of course) . ‘J’ and a few of her mates
£4.50 wages

Thursday 1st June
World Cup Starts in Argentina
Party at Tiffany’s
Got up at 10.15 did 2 hours Geography revision
Sam came round at 3.00pm.
It thundered again
Sam left at 5.00 he came back at 7.15
Watched Poland (0) v W. Germany (0)
Went to Tiffany’s = great
Had a few to drink (hic)
My brother = some girl called Sue
‘J’ = some lad nicknamed Wolf (hee hee 'J')
Sam stayed the night (on the couch)
Got home at 1.25

Friday 2nd June
Got up at 10.00
Woke Sam.
Made baked potatoes with mushroom & ham filling for dinner = ok
Went to Southport in afternoon
Beat Sam at pool (YIPEEE)
Went to Art College for ½ hour
Sam came round at 7.20
Watched Italy (2) v France (1)
France scored after 31 seconds
We then went to the ‘Brick & Art Centre
Sam beat me 2 x at pool (DAM)
Came home on last train 11.00
Argentina v Hungry

Saturday 3rd June
Revised Geography today
Phoned Sam at 12 o’clock
Had a bath
Met Sam at Formby station at 2.00
We went round Formby village
He bought his sister a pair of blue wellies £2.99
Went to Formby Gala Show it cost 40p to get in
I bought a ‘7 up’ necklace and Sam bought a ‘polo’ one
Same came round at 6.45 and we watched footy
Brazil (1) v Sweden (1)
Scotland (1) v Peru (1) (wow a draw against Peru!)
Bev & ‘J’ phoned





9 comments:

Scrappur said...

Great Blog ....Yrs Blog Is Fueled By Me Keep It Up..
Fueled Me Too ...At
http://bidvertisers.blogspot.com

Daddy Papersurfer said...

'Went to doctors with bad throat' - we all have our suspicions you know - nuff said.
'Went to Art College for ½ hour' - good of you.
'Had a few to drink (hic)' - there's a pattern emerging here - oh dear - need I continue?

70steen said...

It was very good of me ...... I wasn't even at Art College

ooo you have gone all adult on me ..... you forgot the 'tut tut'

Anonymous said...

mmmm... I'd like me some baked potato....

70steen said...

I fear the filling may well have been out of a tin !!!!
At least I was trying :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

You were and are trying - my little northern lass.

70steen said...

You say the sweetest things to me my old southern git :-)

Crofty said...

I love Formby beach! Bet it's no different now than it was then.... actually that's stupid... of course it's different what with erosion and all the sand moving and... I'm rambling...

70steen said...

Crofty it is one of the wonders at our age that we are allowed to ramble lol :-)
The most awful thing I have found about my coast line is that you can no longer drive from Formby to Southport on the beach, there are wooden bollards there ... what is that about ???
p.s. the Xmas lights are up on Deansgate (I will drop a comment on your blog soon)