Thursday 11 October 2007

1978 June week 24

Sunday 11th June

Got up at 11.30 am
Bev phoned she got absolutely Brahms & Lizst last night
Watched ‘The Boy in a Plastic Bubble’ with John Travolta (cor!)

Fi Phoned
Phoned Sam at 9.35 in Stafford
It was in the half time in the Scotland (3) v Holland (2) match.

(yes I learnt at an early, having a football crazy brother, chit chat can only happen at ½ time…… something my teen has not quite mastered with her father yet!! Me ‘don’t phone him now he will be watching the game’ Teen ‘he won’t mind’… 20 seconds later … me ‘ well?’ Teen ‘ he was watching the footy, will phone him tomorrow’)

Sam is home tomorrow

Monday 12th June

Art I = failed. That is the last time I draw a cucumber. (strangely enough I have not felt the urge to since??)
Finished exam at 4.30 and went to Maths Tutor for the last time
Had a bath & washed my hair
Bev, Fi & Sam phoned
Sam got back from Stafford at 9.30pm
He has been accepted at Bournemouth College (boo hoo!)
Revised English Lit.
I know a few quotes and basic stories

Tuesday 13th June

English Literature 9.30
Quite easy considering
Got out at 12 noon
Came home and did some Maths revision
Bev phoned
Met Sam at Art Collegeat 3.30 pm
Went for a coffee then came home
Tried to revise Maths but have not succeeded very much
Haven’t done any French
Sam phoned.
He has got an interview at Nottingham College a week tomorrow (good luck pal) (I must have been thinking ‘well ‘J’ didn’t get in so it is doubtful you will!’)

John Travolta and Olivia Newton John Number 1 (The wizard of oz song oo oo oo .. how skinny was Livvy and how I wanted to emulate her with my lycra pants and those shoes.. but not the hair do)


Wednesday 14th June

Maths I (9.30 am) = bloody hard putting it mildly
French II (1.30 pm) = quite easy
Got up at 7.45
Went for Maths exam don’t know why I bothered
French =Ok
Sam came round at 4.45 after being to the dentist
He came round at 7.00
I did some Geog notes
Watched Brazil3 v Peru 0
Sam left at 11.00

Thursday 15th June

6 Months !!!
Phone work
Got up at 11.00 am
Sam came round at 1.00 pm and left at 3.00 pm
Had a bath
Phoned work. I am working on Saturday weather permitting (well it was an outdoor café!)
Bev & Fi phoned
Phoned ‘J’ & Sam
Revised Geog fro 2 ½ hours
I haven’t done much Maths revision
In Geog I know Liverpool, Skelmersdale, Southport, E. Anglia & a bit of iron & steel

PERFECTLY GOOD!

Friday 16th June (the day my teen was born many, many years later)

Maths II 9.30 = Easier than paper 1
Geography 1.30 = Quite difficult

Sam met me at 3.40 pm
Drew £2 out of the bank
Went to town at 7.30
Met Sam on the station
Went to the ‘Brick
Saw Bev with her American friend Angie
Went to El Tonel
I am a bit *@*!!@ (yes that is what is written! & oh those heady days to get blottoed with £2.00 in your pocket)

Saturday 17th June

Worked from 9.30 – 6.45
Got home @ about 7.15 (ooo I did text/MSN speak 30 years ago lol)
‘J’ came round then I went back to her house til 10.00
Sam phoned from Northampton
He has gone to some film thing
My brother bought the L.P. ‘Saturday Night Fever’ it is great

I love Sam

6 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

If you tried to draw £2 out of the bank now you'd get stared at and eyebrows would be raised.
In my day, you could ........ oh no I'm not going there.

70steen said...

I ripped my stockings in work last week and had no money so had to pay for a pair with my card
I could feel the breeze from the raised eyebrows

In your day DP you could get a 3 course meal, bottle of wine, coffee, brandy taxi home and still have change :-)

Anonymous said...

"haven't done any french"?

poor sam

70steen said...

Oh NM I think I satisfied his every need despite my lack of French ;-)

Anonymous said...

Land sakes 70's but did you ever spill the beans re/ daddy's age.

70steen said...

hee hee has to be done Frac :-)