Wednesday 17 October 2007

1978 July week 29

Sunday 16th July
Owner of the café phoned at 11.00 I was still in bed
I phoned back later
Worked 1.00 – 6.20 pm
Came home and watched TV (again) (glad to see I thought TV was a drag (oops sorry for the pun) then too)
Watched the hilights of the Grand Prix
Sam phoned
Reutemann won the Grand Prix
Niki Lauda was 2nd

Bev rang

Another explosion this time in Mexico (random again!)
(and in Sam’s hand ‘ Sam went to the pub in the evening in some lonely place in Kentarrrr)

Monday 17th July
Sam comes back (I think)
Worked 9.30 – 6.15 pm = quite busy
Di back from Cornwall after 2 weeks 3 days (before you say it NM … I KNOW!!)
Got home at 6.45 pm
Sam came round at 7.30
He bought me a box of Terry’s All Gold & 2 stickers (Olympus Cameras & Mopar Team)
He looked very sexy he hadn’t had a shave for 2 days (corrrrr!) (must say I still like that look corrr)
Stayed in
Had a GREAT time!!! (erm!)
He left at 11.00

Tuesday 18th July
Got up at 10.30 pm
Washed my hair
Watched a St Trinian’s film (oh weren’t they just great!)
Sam came round at 1.30 & we went to town
He bought a new pair drainy jeans £12.95 & a record for me
Bob Seger ‘Still the Same’(great track I guess somethings never change... or maybe they do ?)
Saw ‘J’ with new boyfriend ‘onion bum’ = ok
Went to the Natterjack
Spoke to Jim who was doing the disco
My brother & his girlfriend turned up & they gave us a lift to the station
Left Sam when his train came at 11.10 pm

Wednesday 19th July
Worked 10.30 – 6.00 pm
Weather cold and horrible (hey it is July in the UK!!)
Got £13.00 wages = not bad!
Sam came to see me at lunch time
Went to see ‘J’ at the Coffee Bean but she wasn’t there
Bought a pattern for a teddy bear
Sam came round at 7.15
We stayed in
My cousin is getting engaged in September & married next year
(shock, horror, scandal) (why?????)

Thursday 20th July (31 wks)
Worked 10.00 – 6.15 pm
Weather = horrible
Sam came to see me twice
He came round at night
Got a new automatic washing machine & a new kitchen window (oh so no more twin tub)
Me & Sam washed & polished Kate’s dads car
Saw Brian & Chris whilst we were doing it so we asked them in for a coffee
Sam left at 11.00
(in Sam’s handshouldn’t of..........)

Friday 21st July
Worked 10.00 – 6.15 = quite busy
I’m dead beat
‘J’ & Bri came to see me
Sam came round at 7.15
Went to the Natterjack then came home
Supped a bottle of cider
Sam = very bored with life at the moment (hey he was living at his grand parents, his parents had moved was just ‘bumming around’ after college had ended & was besotted with a certain 70steen etc etc )
His cat got run over and killed (oh maybe that was it )
Bought material for Sam’s Paddington Bear
I do love Sam


Saturday 22nd July
Got up at 11.00am
Phoned Sam
Cut out the pieces for Paddington
Went to town
Sam came home and stayed for tea
Went to the ‘El Tonel’ with ‘J’ & ‘onion bum’ = great
Me = a bit pissed (what I wrote that in a teen diary? .. tut tut)
Sam gave me the most beautiful letter I have ever read (erm I was 16 so it is relative, but I do recall it was lovely though)
It made me cry

8 comments:

70steen said...

thank you for dropping by :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I haven't shaved or washed for several days - interested?

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Oh, hello Jeremy.

70steen said...

Daddy P how can I put this with out offending you .......... no can't do it ..... NO BLOODY WAY!!!



oh please behave I am trying to increase my cultured reader audience so no mooning

Anonymous said...

so why does "J" always have her initial in bold?

no one else does...

70steen said...

Coz she is my bestest ever friend in the whole wide world

Daddy Papersurfer said...

T-shirts at dawn count down!!! It's an awfully long time to go - just to fail.

70steen said...

erm yes ..... I think it is an endurance test :-)