Sunday 21 October 2007

1978 August week 32

Sunday 6th August
Got up at 10.00 = raining so I didn’t go to work
My cousin and her husband went home
They left at 1.30 pm but didn’t get back to Croydon til 10.45 pm (my the M6 must have been a car park then too)
Went to Woodvale rally again
Came home at 5.45 pm
Met Sam at Mike’s house at 7.20 pm
Then we went to the Railway had a really good laugh
Jackie = going out with one of Sam’s mates
Did my jaw in chewing a toffee (ouch)
Came home at 11.00
3 policemen & police dog, 4 inspectors and a black meat wagon (Black Maria) at the station coz of Tiffany’s

Monday 7th August
Worked 10.00 – 6.20
Weather = cold with a few showers (oh come on it is August)
Sam came to see me for a few minutes this afternoon
He came round at 7.05 & we went to the ‘Arion’ with ‘J’, Bri & Chris
Had a fairly good time
Sam nearly missed his train
Mar went to see her sister in Prestatyn to see her sister
Have been invited to a party on Friday

Tuesday 8th August
Got up at 11.00
Had a bath & hair wash
Sam phoned
Met him in town at 2.30 pm
Bought a house coat from Littlewoods £4.99 (A house coat???? Ewwww!)
Fi phoned she had been to Liverpool
Both she & Sam came round tonight
Had a great laugh
Fi missed her bus so she got a taxi home
Went to see ‘J’ at Debenhams this afternoon

Wednesday 9th August
Worked 10.00 – 6.15
The boss brought in a bottle of wine = nice
Sam came to see me
He bought me the Commador’s single ‘Three times a Lady’ = gorgeous (ahhhhhh)







(This is great Promo clip... just check out the fashion and big afro hair do's.... a classic!)
Sam came round at 7.15
We stayed in
‘onion bum’ is back from Bournemouth
Martin got his summons for speeding from 10th March



Thursday 10th August
Went to see the Radio One Road Show with Kid Jensen = really good
(oh they were brilliant the Road Shows. They were held in the gardens beside the Floral Hall.)
Also me & Sam went to play crazy golf. I beat him by 1 point & I also won a free game (waytogo)
Weather = hot so we sunbathed by the Marine Lake
Met Sam at 7.30 and we went to Mike’s
Stayed there until 9.30
Then we went to the Pinewoods Pub
Came home at 11.00

Friday 11th August
Party at the Gladstone Liberal Club
Tina’s 17th Birthday (our cat)
Worked 10.00 – 6.30
Sam came to see me
I drew £7.00 out of the bank
Sam bought our tickets for Stafford
The party = quite good
Bev = Mike
Ange = Martin
Taxi was late.
Martin & Andy got in the taxi with us coz they would have had to hitch home


Saturday 12th August
Go to Stafford 7.21 pm train
Got up and woke Sam at 10.40
He stayed for dinner then he went to watch Formby v Tranmere Reserves in some final
Score = 1 – 0
Sam met me at Waterloo at 6.30
Then his Gran & Granddad took us to Lime Street
Train delayed by ¾ hour
Got here just after 9.00
Sam’s sister bought me a pen from Scotland = ace

8 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Don't mention crazy golf to me ..... or house coats either.
Good - that's got the week off to a positive start.

70steen said...

ooops have I hit the raw nerve of memory ... crazy golf I understand as junior Papersurfer kicks your butt...... but housecoat????
Try and have a good day all the same

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that housecoat!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Have a good day!!!!!!?! My blogs off line again!!! Go and annoy Paula the Surf Queen if you miss harassing me.

misterwoppit said...

You can get very bad electric shocks from those housecoats if you are not careful. You must always ensure that they are properly earthed.

70steen said...

NM do you really like that housecoat ..... I reckon to carry it off well you would have to be 6ft and willowy... that counts me out lol

70steen said...

So what did you do to your blog DP... it seems to break down a lot these days you are tinkering with stuff you don't understand

70steen said...

Mr W..... you know a lot about a lot... but housecoats??? Have you tried this in laboratory conditions??? Or was it just some personal mishap??? :-)