Thursday 18 October 2007

1978 July week 30


Sunday 23rd July
Got up at 10.30 am
Phoned Sam then had a bath
Started to sew up Sam’s Paddington

Sam came round & stayed for tea
‘J’ & ‘onion bum’ came round & they went ahead to the Natterjack
We followed later
2 teachers from school were in there
Came home at 10.45
Sam went at 11.15
Mar went to the Lake District today

Monday 24th July
Worked 9.45 – 6.15
Sam came to see me in the afternoon & he came home with me
Fi phoned she is just back from St. Tropez = lucky cow!

Stayed in and watched TV with Sam
My brother has dislocated his thumb

Tuesday 25th July
‘onion bum’s’ birthday
Got up at 9.00 & went to Liverpool with Sam
He bought a pair of straight leg ‘Levi’ jeans £13.99 = really good (there is something just so sexy about Levi's!!)

Went to Solitaire for lunch
Went back to Waterloo & stayed for tea.
Came home at 7.15
Mar got me a pair of straight leg jeans from ‘Mak 3’ £5.99 = great (I guess they weren't Levi's??)
Went for a bike ride with Sam
Called on ‘J’
He swopped Exodus – Bob Marely for Station to Station – Bowie (excellent swap if you ask me)
versus

Wednesday 28th July
Sam goes to Stafford
Café owners phoned to ask if I would work if the weather bucked up.
Sam came round at 11.00 and left at 12.30
Phoned Fi & she came round .. she is so brown
She bought me from France a Toulouse- Lautrec poster & 2 postcards for Sam

She arrived at 7.30 & we went for a bike ride
Sam phoned at 9.45 from Stafford me = pleased
Fi left at 10.15

Thursday 27th July
Worked form 9.45 – 6.15
Got C.S.E. results …….
Maths = Grade 1 German = Grade 2. I am dead chuffed
Weather = really hot in the morning so I bought a red & white stripey halter neck top for 75p in my luch time then in the afternoon it poured down
Fi came to see me.
She got a 1 in her Eng Lit & 2 in German
Bev got a 3 in Eng Lit & 2s in Physics & Maths
Phoned Sam 2 x but he wasn’t in
He phoned later he had been to the pub
‘J’ came to see me at lunch time

Friday 28th July
Got up at 10.00 am
Phoned work but they didn’t need me
Phoned Fi
Weather = boiling so I sunbathed = quite brown
Fi phoned at 3.15 so I biked it down to her house
Came back at 6.00
Phoned Sam then he phoned back later
Miss him
Watched a film called ‘Sweet November’ = sad (can't find the 1968 version but the synopsis I have found for 2001 version states 'emphasizes more of its story's tearjerker qualities than the original.' best I don't get this out of Blockbusters then as I thought the original was sad!!)
Made Paddington a pair of cord trousers

Saturday 29th July
Got up at 11.00
Had a bath & washed my hair
Sunbathed for a bit & then phoned Sam
Stayed in all afternoon & made Paddington a shirt (did Paddington have a shirt ??)
Fi rang
Went to the Railway in Formby at 7.20
Met up with one of Sam’s mates (no not the one I married)
Nige turned up and we went to Mike’s party
Dan crashed his car in a tree (great car it had fungi growing in it)
Sam is staying at Mike’s house
Had a great time Came home at 11.20 pm

4 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Teachers in a pub? never happened in my day.

I always wanted a Morris Traveller ...... you've made me sad now.

70steen said...

aw I'll send you one

Anonymous said...

those paddington clothes are so cute..... love the duffle coat

70steen said...

I know he is so cute (DP ... I am talking about Paddington not you btw!!)
I used to make loads of stuff (bears, ragdolls, dinosuars etc) for my friends kids and of course my own ... quite therapeutic .... no time these days hey ho