Saturday 6 October 2007

1978 May week 19




Sunday 7th May
Worked 11.00 – 6.15
Got up at 9.00 but didn’t have to go to work til 11.00
In the morning we weren’t busy but about 4.00 pm we got mad busy
Went to see Bev at the ‘Brick at lunch time
Sam down in Stafford for the day
Got home at 6.45
Sam came round at 7.15 and left at 11.05
My brother goes to the Sahara desert tomorrow at 6.00 am (why??)

Monday 8th May
My brother left for the Sahara Desert this morning, a taxi came for him at 6.00 am to take him to Ringway airport (now Manchester Airport)
Sam met me at luch time
Had my Maths tutor at 4.30 (no not like that)
Went over an O’level paper
Sam phoned but I in the bath so I phoned him back

Tuesday 9th May
French Oral Practise 12.15 pm (dither, dither)
‘J’ had an interview at Nottingham College
Stayed off in the morning went to school at 12. Had my French Oral = ok but yuk!
Weather = boiling hot
Sam met me from shool & he took my photo (eek!)
My auntie & uncle came down
Sam phoned me from Formby
Bone M – Rivers of Babylon number 1 (another of my non favourite tracks or bands... it was the bloke in the band he gave me the creeps!!)






Wednesday 10th May
School all day
Weather still = boiling
Went to town at 3.00 and met Sam
Got £8.00 wages
Health Inspector is reporting the café
Bought Sam Ian Drury ‘What a Waste’ (of course we were now in the age of 'punk' and the like.... I dabbled in the safety pin fashion the year previous, which I didn't mention.. coz I had forgotten about up until now. My younger brother was well into it.. the Sex Pistols and his very favourites were the Stranglers. It really wasn't for me so didn't stay long in that scene)





Bev = skiving school

We won the European Cup
Liverpool 1 v Bruges 0 (YIPEEEE!!!) (oh yes YIPEEE)
Sam phoned at 10.45
Phone ‘J’ and Fi phoned me

Thursday 11th May (10 days to French Oral, 27 days to first O’level exam)
GERMAN C.S.E 1 - 1 ¼ hours
GERMAN C.S.E 2 - 45 mins
Start 1.30
Paper 1 = aural & written response
Paper 2 = composition
= a fair exam (very mature response)
Sam met me from school
Went to Fi’s for dinner
Tina’s got a cold (aww poor pussy cat)
Bev & Fi phoned
Phoned Sam

Friday 12th May
GERMAN C.S.E 3 – 1 ¼ hrs
Start 1.30
Translation & comprehension = so hard

Finished exam at 2.45
Went to town
Met Sam
Came home at 5.30
Went to town at 8.00 met Sam
Went to the Midnight Lounge
Am a bit drunk sorry!!
My brother came with us (the younger one)
Me and Sam had our photos taken in the photo booth (oh yes me and mates used to do this a lot I have a collection of really dreadful black & white photos & no they will not be published!! Although others seem to not have the fear I have??)

Saturday 13th May
Worked 9.45 – 6.15 pm
Weather = sunny then cloudy
2 new girls started today
Sam met me at lunchtime
Got home at 6.45
Sam came round at 7.15. Went to Tony R’s party at 8.15
Had a good time.
Tony tried to snog me when Sam was in the other room, the cheek of him (OMG)
Got home at 11.15pm
‘J’ phoned she is having problems with Martin


Sahara photo by photographer Jef Maion(tried to email you Jef but link don't work!)

8 comments:

John C said...

Now THAT punk band...was PUNK! :) Being in the states and the internet not up yet, there was a lot that didn't get passed back and forth unless it was sucked up by corporate sponsors. Good post and memory to share!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again - I was at college with Malcolm McClaren [and little Helen who was in the 'Great Rock and Roll Swindle'. Clever bloke but extremely irritating. I don't think he ever painted anything just went around causing trouble - it was the time of the Hornsey Art School riots and sit-ins and other yawning stuff.

Anonymous said...

I see you'r still practising that french oral stuff. hope Sam was suitably appreciative

70steen said...

Hi John C
Hey you ventured into 70sland :-)
Not sure what constitutes punk and what doesn't. I loved that clip of Ian Drury as the crowd where so typical of the era and some were 'pogoing'

70steen said...

DP oh you have such a pocketful of stories to tell... I can imagine Malc being a pain

70steen said...

Oh mai oui NM :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

You just weed! - tee hee

70steen said...

Is that some weird tracker device you have there Daddy Papersurfer ??????