Wednesday 10 October 2007

1978 June week 23

Sunday 4th June

Worked 9.30 – 5.15
Got up at ½ 8 & went to work = OK
About 3 pm it started to thunder & the rain was so heavy, so we closed at 5.15. (we used to love this as we would clean up then sit around chatting and still get a full days pay)
Got the train home
Sam came round at 7.05
He phoned from Ainsdale Station first before he came round (fool!) (erm no I think it was a Mum avoidance technique)
We stayed in and watched ‘Wheels’ & the Spanish Grand Prix
Marienne (oops) Andretti won in a Lotus. Ronnie Peterson = 2nd
Sam left at 11.10 pm

Monday 5th June

Got up at 8.15 am
Jackie came round but I wasn’t going into skool
Fi & Bev rang
Revised Maths & East Anglia for Geog (yawn)
Sam rang about 2.30. He was in Formby
Went to Maths Tutor did nautical miles (wow)
Fi phoned again
Sam phoned again
He’d been to Southport with Mike and Jim as it was Jim’s 18th today
Phoned Bev at 10.00pm but she was just going out (just going out ? tut tut)

Tuesday 6th June
O’Levels start
Got up at 10.15
Had a bath & washed my hair (of course it is Tuesday NM!)
Did a little French revision (seulement que je pense)
Bev phoned so did Fi
Sam came round at 3 o’clock
Watched TV
He left at 5 o’clock

Phoned ‘J’ & she came round.
Had a good ol’ chin wag (nothing has changed there some 31 years later we still have a good ol’ chin wag but unfortunately it is via the phone as we live so far apart… usually a once a week 2 hours putting the world to right)

She left at 10.45
Phoned Sam
He’d been out for a meal with his parents
Italy (3) v Hungry (0)

Wednesday 7th June
Got up at 10.00
Did a bit of French revision (seulement un peu)
Fi came round at 12.00 after her cookery exam = ok (now Fi was the Nigella of the 70s)
We went to town at 3 o’clock. I beat her at pool (but she could beat me hands down in the kitchen lol)
Looked around for a pressy for Bev
Met Sam at 5 o’clock after his A’Level Art II
Went to get my wages but the owners weren’t there
Came home at 6.00pm
Sam phoned at 8.15
Revised French until I flipped… going to fail tomorrow
Boney M still number 1

Thursday 8th June (25 weeks)

French I (9.30) Dictation ½ hour, Paper 1 – 1 ½ hours Free Composition & E->F translation (goodness knows what that means?)
A very fair paper
Came home at 11.30
Went to town at 2.30 & met Sam.
Bought a suspender belt & stockings (ooo la la, is there anything sexier? Fi's dad used to call me 'la suss' because of my love of suspenders ... slightly worrying as an adult now lol) & a pressy for Bev (a horoscope book)
£10.00 wages
Put £7.00 in the T.S.B (the Trustee Savings Bank … I had this account from being very small and used to call it the Tufty savings Bank, I feel maybe, Tufty was used as its advertising logo at one time … but there again ??)
Sam came round at 7.20
‘J’ phoned
Watched ‘I Claudius’
Sam left at 11.05

Friday 9th June

Got up at 9.00
Washed my hair
Met Sam at Art College at 10.30
Helped him put his exhibition up
Came home & he stayed for dinner

Mum on ½ day (My mum is a star she was so innocent to modern speak and she would say things like ‘I think I will have it off this afternoon’*snigger* or ‘you know, you can’t beat a good ham shank!’ *double snigger* (referring to a certain piece of meat *oops snigger) I imagine this day was one of those expressions & I would be gfawing)

Sam left at 1.30 pm (I bet he did as Mum was on her way back)
‘J’ came round at 7.00 pm & we met Sam in the Railway
Went to Mike’s party = hardly anyone turned up
Sam fixed ‘J ' up with Ashy
He took me & ‘J’ home at midnight

Saturday 10th June

Bev’s 16th Birthday

Bev woke me up this morning with a phone call at 10.30 (yuk)
Got a bit of a hangover

Met her and Jackie in the Fox & Goose at 2.15
Went to an Antiques Fair Bought a ring for 30p (ooo a genuine antique)
Came home at 5.00
Watched TV
Sam phoned from Stafford at 9.00 pm ‘J’ phoned as well
Did some English revision

5 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Ahhh - stockings and suspenders! - sorry, my mind's gone blank, can't think of anything else at the moment.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Loved I, Clavdius though! Bbbbbrilliant

70steen said...

I thought it was brill too....

Anonymous said...

daddyp i knew those suspenders would get a rise out of you :-)

70steen said...

NM it is amazing how it rarely fails ;-)