Thursday 4 October 2007

1978 April week 17

Sunday 23rd April

St. George’s Day
Mum’s Birthday


Got up at 11.00 am
Gave Mum her ‘Equalla’ moisturizer and L’aimant’ perfume
(so it wasn’t Tweed!)
Bev, Fi, ‘J’ & Sam phoned
Fi = cracked up on Chris (huh ????)
Sam came round at 7.15 pm
Went to ‘J’s for a natter til 9.00 then me & Sam went for a walk and bought a bottle of cider (oh no that slippery slope!)
He left at 11.00
Did some Maths revision this afternoon (faint)

Monday 24th April

Went out of school at lunch time and met Sam
Bought a pie & an ice bun 24p (Jamie Oliver we ate rubbish them days too if we could!)
Sorted out our English assignments.
I have entered :- comprehension- Suburban Survival Course: Hijack: My Home Town: School Memories: Do we Live in an Age of Violence? = ACE (honest) (I remember this was the first year that they tried this a sort of continuous assessment and not wholly exams)
Phoned Sam at 8.10 pm
Went to tutor at 4.30 = Linear programming (What??)
Did 1 ½ hours Maths revision

Tuesday 25th April

No lessons this morning
Me & Jackie went to the village.
Dis 2 hours Maths revision, still don’t think I have done enough
Sam phoned at 9.45 pm
I missed him today

Wednesday 26th April

MATHS C.S.E 1 2hrs start 1.30 pm

Got up at 10.00am
Washed my hair (good exam prep)
Sam came round at 11.00 am (even better exam prep hee hee )
Went to school at 12.30
Exam started at 1.40 pm
It was ok not as hard as I thought.
‘J’ phoned
Sam came round at 7.10 pm
Went to the offy & got a bottle of cider & 50p refund on some bottles (recycling at its best… why doesn’t that happen now… money back on empties? As a small kid we used to think it was ace to go to the shop and get money back off pop bottles also taking the empty glass soda siphon to be exchanged for a full one)

Sam went home at 11.00 pm

Brian & Michael STILL number 1 (terrific!! Thought I would post Oasis’s version instead of the original … it’s not much better)

Thursday 27th April (19 weeks)

School
Went to the village in the Art lesson on a message for the teacher with Bev.
Sam met me at lunch time & he met me after school
Didn’t do any lessons in the afternoon, don’t know why I bothered going in.
‘J’ phoned, we are going swimming tomorrow
Sam = full of cold so he will just spectate (aww man flu!!)
Phoned Sam at 9.00 pm
Had a bath
£4.00 wages

Friday 28th April

Went to the village at lunch time
Fi brought Heidi to school again
After school went swimming with ‘J’
Sam is streaming with a cold so he just watched.
Got home at 6.30.
Sam stayed for tea
Washed my hair the me, Sam and my brother went to Fi’s at 8.20
Had a ride on Chris’s moped to Rotten Row = ace
Got home at 11.10
I think Gail fancies Sam but she can hands off

(Rotten Row is well posh I am sure they appreciated teens on mopeds …. This is the write up from the Sefton Councils site

Victoria Park & Rotten Row

Home of the Southport Flower Show, with Rotten Row considered to be the longest herbaceous boarder in the UK. The Park has new play area, croquet lawns, 3 bowling greens, minature train club, small pond, boating lake and some ornimentail planting.

(it was a direct cut and paste from the Councils site so that isn’t my spelling of miniature or ornamental !!)

Saturday 28th April

Worked 10.30 – 6.00
Sam came to see me at work
He bought me ‘Too Much, Too Little, Too Late’ by Johny Mathis & Denise Williams

New girl started today
Sam met me from work. Came home at 6.45pm
Had my tea & Sam went to the Railway in Ainsdale then came here
We were going to go to the Natterjack but I was too tired.
Mar was out & when she came back she was cross- examining me left, right and center. Don’t know what she thought was going on ? (erm!!)

5 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I've started drinking cider recently - is it really a slippery slope? I'm not too steady on my pins any more.

Anonymous said...

"ornimentail" ?????

Daddy Papersurfer said...

You're very quiet today. It's quite pleasant actually.

70steen said...

Dp do I need to reply? I think you are the answer to your query!!!

70steen said...

NM ... I know it is shocking a council website I may have to drop them an e mail to point this out :-)