Monday 8 October 2007

1978 May week 21



Sunday 21st May
Worked 10.00 – 6.15
Fairly busy day
Got a 26p tip off a foreign bloke (wow)
Got home at 6.40
Sam came round at 8.30
We played footy in the garden then watched the Belgian Grand Prix
(if you are interested it was held at Zolder &
1st Mario Andretti
2nd Ronnie Peterson
3rd Carlos Reutermann
4th Giles Villeneuve
5th Jacques Laffitte
6th Didier Pironi
Some great names in motor racing)



Bev & Fi rang
Phoned ‘J’
Sam left at 11.10 pm

Monday 22nd May
French Oral with Mr Somebody or other (ok Daddy Papersurfer & Nursey …… )
It was at 11.30 = ok a bit nerve racking
Went to Whiteheads café for dinner
Came home at 2.30
Couldn’t be bothered to go to Biology
Went to Tutors at 4.30 pm
Sam phoned at 8.40 talked to him for ages
He has got an interview at Bournemouth College (sob)
Persuaded Mar to let me see ‘Saturday Night Fever’ tomorrow!

Tuesday 23rd May
Got up at 9.30 & had a bath
Sam rang at 11.00
Bev came round and she stayed for dinner
Went to school at 1 pm
Mrs P refused to teach us in English (shame) she said we were like a “bunch of kindergarden kids” (excellent!!)
Sam met me at 3.40
Played golf? in the garden
Met him later on the train at 7.15 with my brother
Went to the ‘Brick then to see Saturday Night Fever = ACE 9/10









(what a mover)
John Travolta = sexy (wow)

Wednesday 24th May
13 years living in Ainsdale



Got up at 9.30
Did some Geography notes
Bev came round at 12.30
Sat in Cookery room through Biology (huh??) then went to French
After French I went to town . Had to wait ½ hour for a train
Met ‘J’ & Sam at Art College
Got £4.00 wages
Bought Sam’s mum a card
Mum is off work coz she is ill
Phoned Sam at 8.00
Did some more Geog
Watched ‘Arena’ about ‘The Tubes’ & ‘David Bowie’




Thursday 25th May (23 weeks)
Went to skool this morning (faint)
Someone let the fire extinguishers off on the first floor
Came home at 2.30
We had our new Leisure gas cooker delivered
Mar came home from work as she is still not well
Sun bathed
Sam came round at 3.45
Played footy
Got the 7.40 bus met Pat & Liz.
We met Lo, Debs & Sheena at the Classic.
We all went to the Art Centre then the Grape Escape then the ‘Brick
Sam was in there. He was being really dead nice to me (why wouldn’t he be??)

Friday 28th May
School til 2.30
Had leavers assembly this morning it was dead sad. I can’t believe we leave today and only have to come in for exams
Came home at 2.30
Sunbathed with Fi
Had new cooker put in and found a serious gas leak = ok now
Sam came round at 4.00
Fi came round at 7.00 and Sam at 8.00
Chris took us all in his car to Gails house = so boring
Came home at 11.00

Saturday 27th May
Worked 9.30 – 6.30
Very, very busy all day
Got home at 6.45
Sam came round at 7.05
‘J’ came to see me at lunch time
We have to wear Union Jack aprons now (perfectly good!!)
Stayed in all night with Sam
He left at 11.00
Stayed up to watch ‘The Return of Count Yorga’ = quite scary

Picture of Bowie by Snowdon 1978

8 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

French Oral with Mr Somebody or other (ok Daddy Papersurfer & Nursey …… )

I'm sure I would have remembered that ....... perhaps not. Did you pass?

70steen said...

couldn't possibly say but I was rather good

Anonymous said...

was tuesday the only day you had a bath?

70steen said...

I suppose what can't speak can't lie.... worrying hey??.. I do hope however I did bathe rather more times than that but didn't bother to write it down

Crofty said...

Wasn't motor racing far more exciting then? None of this sterile mechanical perfection stuff, with an overpaid underwear model strapped into it eh?

Actually I've just read that back and made it sound rather appealing... I have a vision of an overpaid underwear model; have you seen the massive M&S poster at the bottom of the Mancunian Way... cause accidents it will.

70steen said...

hee hee motor racing has always been about fast cars and totty who were gorgeous.
When I went to the GP I always felt like the great unwashed but I met some of the greatest drivers Andretti, Pironi, Pique, Senna et al.. Senna was lovely I chatted with him for a good old while (he was standing on the top of a car and he jumped off to speak to me when I said 'hi') .....loved motor racing then but less now for the reasons you have given
Not seen the M&S ad but will take a 'look see' down the Manc way and confirm lol (not for me I suspect but I imagine for the male of the species it is an accident waiting to happen)

Mystic Veg said...

"When I went to the GP I always felt like the great unwashed but I met some of the greatest drivers"

I have to say that I've never met any racing drivers at our doctors - it's not fair.

70steen said...

hee hee Next time I meet one I will get you their autograph MV :-)