Wednesday 3 October 2007

1978 April week 16

Sunday 16th April

Got up at 10.30 am
Woke Sam at ¼ to 11.
He left at 5 to 12
Bev phoned
Stayed in all afternoon
Did some French Translation (Sylvie I was trying )
Washed my hair
Fi Phoned
I phoned Bev (lasted 8 minutes) (big brother must have been paying the bill still!)
Sam came round at 7.15 pm and left at 11.00.
We went for a walk around the village
After tea I went to see Kate’s Wedding presents (I remember the day after my wedding a constant stream of people ‘oooing & arrring’ at the presents saying ‘oh haven’t you done well’ I felt like a competitor from ‘The Generation Game’ I was so knackered with all the run up to the wedding I just wanted to have some peace and sleep!!)
She stayed in the Atlantic Towers for their wedding night

Monday 17th April
Boring day at school
Percentage mark for my C.S.E assessment = 74.25% (possibly Maths or maybe German)
Went to Maths tutors
Phoned Sam
His new number is 051- *** -****
He phoned me back later
Party at Tiffany’s but I was not allowed to go

Tuesday 18th April
Had an English comprehension test on the poem ‘Dulce et Decorum Est’ (one of my very favourite poems still it is one of the most powerful 1st World War poems that graphically captures the awfulness of what occurred)


Sam met me from school. Bought Mums birthday card
Sam left at 5.15
Phoned ‘J’
She had been to Oxford for the weekend and had a great time
Sam phoned at 8.30
My brothers divorce comes through tomorrow

Wednesday 18th April

School
Went swimming. P.E. teacher gave us a lift in his Capri.
Sam came swimming as well
Bev phoned she was in tiers (yes tiers not tears) as David is going back to Eton (I have no recollection about who this David was but hey I rubbed shoulders with some one who went to Eton!!)
Mike E rang her to ask her to go out with Chris G I think she should as it will help her get over david.
Sam phoned – my heart throb (ha!)
England 1 v Brazil 1
Brazil = dead dirty players

Thursday 20th April (18 weeks)
Fi brought a Canadian girl to school called Heidi, she was ok but a bit strange (sorry Frac) She was from Toronto. ( Fi’s parents were really into having exchange students and I remember being so jealous as I would have loved to have had the opportunity to do that too)

Bev still in tears over David going back to Eton
Sam met me from school he got in trouble thru’ kicking a football at some fella’s car (how annoying is that as an adult)
‘J’ phoned
Sam phoned
He seemed in a strange mood
Washed my hair (that’s the answer girl….. I’m gonna wash that man right outta my hair)
& put it in a side parting lokks ok but I bet Sam won’t like it (doh ;-( )

Friday 21st April
Skool
Got my O’level timetable
Had a lecture about our exams of French teacher (witch queen)
Went to town and bought Kate’s dad’s birthday presy (beer shampoo, Denim talc &deoderant)

Bought Mum some perfume (I bet it was Tweed by Lentheric. )


‘J’ rang
Met Sam on the train
We all went to the Art Centre, ‘Brick and Houghton.
Sam asked me to marry him. I wish I could but not for a few years yet (WTF!!!)


Saturday 22nd April
Worked from 10.30 – 6.15 pm
‘J’ came to see me at work
Her sister is going out with Martin’s brother
Sam came round at 7.45 pm
Had a good time (eeeek!) but I am really worn out after working all day (oh too young to be too worn out for........!)
Sam left at 11.00

6 comments:

70steen said...

arh that's me a big not so old softy romantic

No you didn't arrive twice .... doh I could have deleted you

70steen said...

what is wrong with the text ?? sorry it has to stay bold and italic drat!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sam asked you to amrry him?

can you remind me how old you and Sam are at this stage?

70steen said...

mere babes in arms nurse myra!!!

Anonymous said...

cna't believe I typed amrry. and I hadn't even had any red wine last night. unlike tonight.

70steen said...

strange though I knew exactly what you meant hee hee