Saturday 13 October 2007

1978 June week 25


Sunday 18th June
Got up at 9.45 am
Sunbathed for an hour
Tried to revise Biology but gave up.
Mum went to Llandudno so I had to cook dinner & tea
Fi Rang
Phone Bev
Had a bath & washed my hair
Tried (once again) to revise Biology
Really don’t know enough and I bet it is a stinker of am exam
Sam phoned in ½ time of the footy
He’s in Stafford
Comes home tomorrow

Monday 19th June
Biology 9.30 – 12.00 = quite hard it was all about plants
Came home at 12.30
Watched a film called ‘Cry in the Wilderness’
I’ve seen it before
Bev & Fi rang
Bev rang again later
Revised Geography … don’t really know that much
Sam hasn’t phoned
He’s on his way home from Stafford
I’m sat here drinking Bianco & lemonade (bloody hell what sort of pre exam technique is that?)
Sam phoned at 11.00 pm










Tuesday 20th June
Geography II 9.30 – 10.45 = easier paper than paper 1
Sam came round at 11.00
Fi was here as well she had German this afternoon (I didn’t get put in for the G.C.E I just did the C.S.E. For those too young or not of the UK - G.C.E. was the best exam to take at 16 years and C.S.E was if you were not good enough to do the G.C.E. although if you got a grade 1 it was equivalent to a pass at G.C.E. I was entered for both in Maths)
Sam left about 3.30.
Did some sketches for Art = pretty chronic
Sam came round at 7.30
He lent me his Caran d’ache pencils
Did some more sketches which were a lot better
Watched ‘Will Shakespeare’ & sat in the front room for a bit
Sam left at 11.00

Wednesday 21st June
Brothers 23rd Birthday
Art II 9.30 – 12.30 drawing = OK
FINISH EXAMS (YIP!)

Went to town at 2.00pm
Met Fi, Bev & Jackie
Played pool
Bought my brother 2 pairs of underpants for £1.70 (hee hee bet they were Y-fronts) & a card
Sam came round at 8.20pm & left at 11.00
He had his interview at Nottingham today he said it was ‘indifferent’?
Got £5.00 wages

Thursday 22nd June
Went to Liverpool at 11.00
Sam got me a ticket from Waterloo (naughty!! This was many stops after I got on)
Got home at 2.00
Sam left at 4.15
Went to town at 7.30 on bus with Jackie
Played pool in the ‘Brick then me, Bev, Sam, Ange & Jackie went to the Snooty Fox
Met Fi, Chris, Mike & Steve
Then we went to the Grape Escape
Me, Sam, Fi & Chris bought 2 liter jugs of San Greass (hic!) (OMG great spelling)



Friday 23rd June
Got up at 9.45 am
Fi came round at 10.10 & we went to school. We organized a ‘Buffet Meal’ for 19 teachers for 29/6/78
Sam came round at 3.00 pm
Washed Kate’s dads car got £1.00 for it
Went to ‘J’s at 8.00 & we went to the Guest House Pub
‘J’ sat on a stink bomb in the toilets = hilarious
(it was so funny she had been telling me about some on putting cling film over a toilet seat last time she was in the Guest House as she went into the cubicle. She shut the door & all I heard was her weeping laughing and then this awful smell. If I could bottle & sell ‘J’s laugh and the effect it has on me and others the world would be such a happy place)
Went to the Art Centre
Sam & me in funny moods with each other. Don’t know why?

Saturday 24th June
Party in Northenden, Manchester (ooo I drove through there twice today)
Rang work but it was raining
Phoned Sam
Stayed in all afternoon
Had a bath & washed my hair
Ziggy caught a bird (Ziggy was a next doors gozzy eyed cheeky tabby cat who used to do kamikaze stealing of our cats food and run out mouth full but dropping it as he dashed off in panic)
Left for Waterloo at 6.30 nearly missed the train
Went to Manchester party = good
Food was excellent
Got back at 1.15 am
Stayed at Waterloo. Slept in Sam’s bed.
‘Do’ was at the Ascot Hotel
Sam’s grandparents are really nice



5 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Isn't Waterloo in London? or sometimes in France? What am I doing up at this hour? Is there a Gawd? What was the score in France? Tee hee.

70steen said...

ooo I am not used to you popping up at this hour you are my morning abuse!!

Yes Waterloo is in London and there was a certain battle of the same name but mine was up Norff...
& oMG you are still up.. more nightnurse in your cocoa is needed I feel

la la la la we are in the final DANCING!!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I think Sylvie has broken Fuelmyblog in a fit of chagrin - tee hee

Anonymous said...

yes fuelmy blog is out of action. can't vote for you today :-(

70steen said...

Oh no what will we do ??

I suppose I have no excuse now for not putting up my new curtain rail in my pig awful bay window, doing the ironing(y new curtains which are huge and the usual stuff) and cleaning the bathroom

PLEASE fix it soon :-)