Monday 1 October 2007

1978 April week 14

Sunday 2nd April

Sam goes to Portugal (sob) 1.30 pm from Heathrow.
Got up at 10.30
Worked form 11.30 – 5.30
Miss Sam already (god he has only just left)
I am going to be really bored this week without him
Don’t know what I would do if he finished with me (I know what my mum would have done… a merry little dance!)
Little chance of that happening I hope
Went to bed at 10.30 after watching “A Play for Love” called ‘Games’
Phoned ‘J’ & Bev

Monday 3rd April

Interview at Tech at 7.45
Worked form 11.00 – 5.30
Met ‘J’ at dinner time cos college went back today
Went for interview had to wait ½ hour.
Met this girl called Moira = good laugh.
Went to the ‘Brick afterwards with my brother and her
At Tech next year (provided I get 3 O’levels)

I am taking Sociology, Business Studies, Cookery & Nutrition A’levels

Tuesday 4th April

Got up at 9.00 & washed my hair

Got a Christmas card ?? off Sam. He had posted it on Saturday before he went away, inside was a mad letter, it really made me laugh. (awwww!!)
Phoned up the café but wasn’t needed.
Did English revision (What!!!!)
Had a bath
Bev & ‘J’ phoned
Brenda, our manageress last year rang, she wants me to do a coffee morning 15/4/78 = can’t cos of Kate’s wedding.

Wednesday 5th April

Dad’s Birthday – he would have been 55 years old

Hairdressers (Crimpers) 12.00
Got up at 10.00
Went to the hairdressers had a demi-perm cost £3.85 looked but after a windy day = a bit of a mess.

Went to town with Mum. Bought a skirt £7.99 and a gypsy top from Marks £4.99
Mum hates the skirt = massive row (yes as a Mum of a teen I know how that is … sorry Mum & on Dad's birthday too!)

Mum went to the Crem

Phoned Bev = wasn’t in
Phoned ‘J’
Got £8.00 wages

Bought Elvis Costello ‘this Years Model’ £2.99 (what an absolute fabulous album, must get myself a turntable)

Brian & Michael No.1 – Matchstick Cats & Dogs a tribute to Lowry (God I hate this song to this day)

Thursday 6th April

Got up at 9.00 am
Worked from 10.45 – 5.45
Bev came to see me
Met ‘J’ at lunch time
Got home at 6.10

Watched ‘Top of the Pops’ (It was presented by Noel Edmonds)


Tried to do some Maths but didn’t succeed
Missing Sam = so boring without him

Friday 7th April

Got up at 11.20
Met ‘J’ at Art College at 2.30
Went to the swimming baths (now a private health place) at 4.00

One of the girls at Art College gave me 2 photographs of Sam she had taken as part of her project = one nice, one not so nice but I am not complaining.
Still not heard from him yet perhaps he has run off with some sexy Portuguese woman
Bev phoned
Did some more Maths papers (wow I must have been bored)

Saturday 8th April

Didn’t work weathert not so good.
Went to town with Bev.
Bought Mam’s Birthday presy ‘Equalla’ moisturisure £2.50.
Looked at stiletto shoes as well (ooo just looking and not buying … not good, glad I got over that as I got older)
Stayed in all night

Watched a horror film called ‘Countess Dracula’ til 1.30 = a load of rubbish

Sam comes home tomorrow (YIP!)

5 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Awwwww ........ you did miss him didn't you?! Still, you did manage to struggle to the pub .......
I assume the skirt was short and flirty that 'Mum' didn't approve of. Kids! ...... pain in the arse.

70steen said...

Its that Teen v Mum fight...... 'ding ding corners out'
Mum- 'this is nice'
Teen - ''oooo its minging but it would look alright on you'
So no matter what you pick as a Mum iti s wrong and it passes down like wooden legs :-)

Anonymous said...

elvis costello? I love elvis costello too :-)

Anonymous said...

Double humph .......

70steen said...

Whats up now?? I am trying to pick my T - Shirt!!!