Tuesday 19 February 2008

19th February 1979

Monday 19
Wrote to Sam
Fi rang
Boring day at college

Phoned Sam

Watched the 1st Fawlty Towers = classic

Mar in a grump
(translated - Mum in a bad mood)

Fawlty Towers began in 1975 over 6 episodes. It began again in 1979 so I guess they were running the first series again to remind us.
It is true eccentric British humour lead by John Cleese as hotel owner Basil Fawlty. Hardly surprising it was eccentric after all the years Cleese spent with the Monty Python crowd.
It is set in a small hotel in Torquay, Devon.Wikipedia gives a great resume of what it is all about far better than I could.
Needless to say I loved it then and still love it now.

This YouTube clip shows snippets of it. There are so many classic sketches such as the Germans, The Health Inspector, the Gourmet night where Basil is thrashing his broken down car with a branch and of course the Siberian hamster!!

This short compilation brought a smile to my face tonight :-)




Just found the clip I lost going off at a tangent a night or 2 ago
(sorry about the language..... but it did make me laugh)

12 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I can't look at those - too many MB's.
Please describe exactly what happens with a copy of the script - if you're not too busy that is .... tee hee

Anonymous said...

we put fawlty towers on at the gimcrack at least once a month. wish they'd made more than 6 episodes. I've seen them all about twenty times now. still makes me laugh though

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Bored now - nothing going on. Perhaps I'll start a Mexican Wave.......

*~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ........ *

Daddy Papersurfer said...

COME ON EVERYBODY!!!!!!

*~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ..........*

Brilliant

70steen said...

OK here goes watch your blog
~~~~~~~~~~~~
start again yeah!!!~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

70steen said...

NM~ they did more than 6. There were 12 in all (6 in 1975 & 6 in 1979)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Perhaps the Hokey Cokey might work better - I'll just start by putting something small in ......

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Perhaps the Hokey Cokey might work better - I'll just start by putting something small in ......

70steen said...

Oh no you are repeating yourself now too!!!!

& don't start inserting 'things' in my blog (I do read NMs blog you know!!)

sylvie d said...

you are right 70...the man is bored...we all know danger is on its way!!!

70steen said...

Crash helmets on Sylvie...... be prepared ..... we are ready lol

shle3pyb4by said...

*giggles*

okay, so i got the wave... ~~~~~~

weee hooo!!1 even tho' im a wee bit late though... i tried something in the forum, and it turned out awfully.... horrible! hahahaha....

here i go... ~~~~~~~~~~