Tuesday 9 November 2010

Life's a beach

I grew up at the seaside as many of my avid readers will know from my teen diaries. I now live inland and the nearest I get to water is the Manchester Ship Canal or the River Irwell adjacent to work (I have actually worked out I can get to work by water!! Interesting!!).... it is not the same as miles of sandy beaches.
Thankfully my family still live on the coast and take every opportunity to get onto the sands.

It is November and still it glorious to get out there and smell the clean air.....My pup was born in Southport and she is the happiest ever dog when let loose on the beach, you can almost see her laughing. However, she has developed this weird obsession of picking up shells off the beach... last time it was a clam shell
It was the first time that she wore her gorgeous coat courtesy of FuelMyBlog and Nutrecare
Oh btw she ditched the shell and ended up with a piece of coal instead... 

10 comments:

Mystic Veg said...

Hi, I don't know why I immeadiately thought of you when I discovered a website with people dressed badly, so don't take it personally!
I thought it would be right up your street.
MV

http://www.visualnews.com/2010/10/16/who-shot-the-couch-vintage-bad-fashions/

Cucipata said...

I hear you, I grew up by the sea and I miss it every day of my life (live in Phoenix now).

70steen said...

Oh GW those images are soooo awesome ... so awesome in fact I have saved the page as a favourite thank you so much ... and of course I am so not offended ... I particularly LOVE this one http://visualnews.columnfivemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/3.jpg

Hope you are doing okay and you are not too cold digging in your allotment ;)

70steen said...

Hi Cucipata and welcome to 70s ... when you grow up next to the sea living inland is so awful isn't it?

I souldn't complain too much as I am 45 miles away from the coast and can get there in less than an hour but it is not the same as walking 10 minutes out of your front door ... Phoenix looks way more than 45 miles form the coast!!

70steen said...

Ed note: Apologies to others that have commented on this post... I was house keeping (i.e. removing spam)and like a numpty deleted lovely comments from non spammers :( sorry ...

John C said...

I...have been found guilty of...spamming! *falls over dead*

*looks up to check effect*

*goes back to playing dead*

70steen said...

JC hello are you okay you pseudo spammer you ?

John C said...

You owe me a candle lit dinner for that one. :)

70steen said...

Lighting a candle ....

John C said...

I 'meant' a 'real' candle lit dinner. You know you're turning this into a Rocky Horror Picture Show viewing?

"There's a Liiiii Iiiiiii Iiiiiightttttt...."