Tuesday 20 May 2008

1st 5 minutes....

That is tricky one as I am sooooo never awake in those 1st 5 of the day.
I will ignore the days where I hit snooze, hit snooze and hit snooze again then rush in a panic as I have, well hit snooze too many times!!


Ok a normal day
Phone alarm goes off at 6.00 am to some god damned awful polyphonic sound called 'waves' (if you have a Motorola mobile phone you will ID with what I am saying here) at 6 am it is truly a rebel rouser.

With that sound, like Pavlov's dog (aka my puppy not Pavlov's coz she is 70s puppy!) is up the stairs. Jumps on the bed demanding a cuddle and a tummy rub.
Ok I am now 1 1/2 minutes in

I bend my body into the 'get up ' position and puppy bounds off to snuggle up with my Teen.

Stumble into the bathroom and step in the shower (cover your eyes please!)

Wrapped in big bath towels I venture down stairs.. unlock the kitchen door.

Fall over the 2 cats who want feeding NOW!!

Switch on the kettle as I pass (fast boil)

& ahhh a cup of Earl Grey .. all is right with the world!!
(oops 0.5 minutes over!!)

If you want to know my 1st 5 mins in the office !

Walk through the doors .. nod, wave and say hello to work colleagues (sometimes it is a bit of a grunt depending how manic the journey has been and whether I have spent the entire 15 minute journey with my face squished into someones back pack after waiting 1/2 for the ever late rush hour express).

Plonk my bag on the desk whilst hitting the PC screen to on & Control- alt-delete, user name & password (darn it I changed it yesterday.... open diary and check the change................ yes I know, I know I shouldn't write it down ... but I have at least 20 PW's for this and that) whilst taking off my coat.

Pick up cup.
'Anyone what a brew?'

Gather up anything from 2 - 10 cups
Head for kitchen

Make brews.. 1 x decaff coffee, 1 x fruit tea, 3 x tea 1 with 2 sugars etc etc

Sit at desk
& ahhh a cup of Earl Grey ... all is right with the world!!
(bang on 5 mins ;-) )


This post is for Tsheet.com & Fuel my Blog

10 comments:

The Rev. said...

My first five minutes:

Phone alarm goes off. The Rev. picks up said phone, throws it across room, and returns to state of sound slumber.

Two minutes later, stereo alarm goes off (different music every morning). As The Rev. has cleverly placed the unit on the entire other side of the room, he has no choice but to arise.

Stumble downstairs, mumble hello to roommates (if any are awake), and stare with contempt at the coffee maker until my cup is satisfyingly full.

Ahh...five minutes into the day!

-The Rev.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

...... and if you win one of those iPods I'm going to sulk again ....... alot. Actually, what I'll do is take away your Early [and late] Grey ..... put that in your pipe and smoke it!

[t-shirts, bags, books!!!! - huh!]

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I think FMB has died again ..... probably something to do with Manchester - tee hee

Anonymous said...

i think you have a tea addiction

:-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

It's very quiet today ....... ho hum.

70steen said...

http://blog.fuelmyblog.com/2008/04/
win-one-of-2-ipods
-in-this-great-new.html

Pete
pop along and enter in th tsheets ipod competition :-)

70steen said...

ooo that be fighting talk DP .... handbags at dawn :-P

70steen said...

NM~ just another of my ickle vices lol ;-)

darlene said...

gool luck ,hope ya win

Anonymous said...

undp territorial buffet niche sharmacompex eere whos william emulate doesnt allies
lolikneri havaqatsu