Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year New Start ..... !!

I am not really someone who does resolutions (despite my list in the last post) ...I have more of a head full of good intentions. Those good intentions I have decided not to think about until I go back to work on the 5th Jan. Although I have already bought  my Special K so I can get into that (or any) skimpy red number in the coming months.




Well here we are in 2011... I was reflecting on 2010 yesterday and the most prevalent thing that sprung to mind was the speed the year passed by and the fact in the 12 months we had almost 3 months of snow, around 2 months of sun so the remaining 7 months must have been 'nothing' weather days. 
This year I am going to keep a written diary again (due to the fact I have been bought a gorgeous one by my teen)... so when I reflect on 2011 I can be more accurate in my assessment of the year.

I was surfing around the interweave earlier as one of my 'good intentions' is to get visiting blogs on a regular basis again (I know I have been rubbish).... and I came across an interesting 'ickle image of me in a side bar of someone's blog ....
I so love it ... thank you GitWizard and your timely nudge has spurred me on to include in my blog going forward  'Knitting pattern of the month'.


Here is January's ... and every couple should have these......;)

9 comments:

HelpXtra said...

Glad you like it (sorry she is a bit slim) and what a great idea for a theme. Why are January's models wearing sleeveless designs though....

HelpXtra said...

I've just read you're post again - thank you 70sTeen's teen for buying your Mum that excellent pressie, hope she will add lots of photos with her daily scribblings...

HelpXtra said...

Ooops! 'your' - don't tell DP.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I can forgive the 'typo' GW but cannot forgive inspiring 70's to do a b****y knitting pattern once a month!!! *considers staging a re-enactment of Purl Harbour*

70steen said...

GW don't worry I will soon be as skinny as the piccie *looks wistfully*.... I think the tank tops are obviously modelled by some hardy Norvern folk ... who needs sleeves!!!

70steen said...

DP knit so fast with your re-enactment ....I think you protest too much and secretly yearn for some home knitted products ;)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I don't secretly yarn ..... knitting really needles me ...... *grumph*

nursemyra said...

But does it come with the lime green and yellow shirts too?

Anonymous said...

wishes: http://www.real-wishes.com

sorry about this. just trying to realise a feeling i have.

everything seemed so much better & hopeful back in the early 70's.

Best Wishes all.

D KANM M