Thursday 16 April 2009

16th & 17th April 1980

Wednesday 16 & Tuesday 17 ... both blank I'm afraid !!

Looking at the number one hits in the UK at this time we had had a change ... on the 12th April the Jam were knocked off their top slot with 'Going Underground' by a classic dance track.

The Detroit Spinners ... 'Working My Way Back to You'

Oh how I have danced my way through this track over the past 29 years. It appears at every disco, nightclub, wedding, 21st, 18th, 40th etc I have been to


I have already featured a piece about the Detroit Spinners here in May 1979 do take a peek ... superb tracks to get your toes tapping.


Well all of day today I have been up and down a ladder finishing painting my hall (yep more paint on me than the walls!)... I just need a plumber now to fix on the new radiator, then I can fix on new skirting and get the carpet fitters in. The hall is looking great .. my house is 100 years old and to have freshly plastered walls that are straight is a luxury.

As I had some paint left I thought I would carry on through to the dining room but alas I ran out ... but I am looking at a plain white wall in the dining room with nothing on the walls & I am loving that look.......B&Q is beckoning on Saturday

Tomorrow I am having a chilling day with my mate Annie Mouse (whose blog has mysteriously disappeared??) and my cuz CKX in my home town of Liverpool can't wait to catch up with them both

Blogger doesn't seem to want to load any photos today .. hey ho !!

15 comments:

HelpXtra said...

Thought i'd get in quick (DP is still napping) John is still 6 hours away, s***, i've lost the thread........................

HelpXtra said...

Sorry for slagging your home town BTW, I must have visited at a bad time or something.

HelpXtra said...

BTW, tell everyone to visit Sarah Outen's blog.

She is out there in the Indian Ocean, rowing her boat 3,000 k,

she needs support.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I was wondering what happened to Annie's blog as well - please quiz her - thank you....... and when you've finished decorating, there's plenty to do here .......

70steen said...

GW ~ have you been in the cupboard ... or is losing the thread a peabrain thing??
Must pop over and see how Sarah is doing (mad woman lol)

70steen said...

p.s. apology accepted :-D

70steen said...

DP ~ I did quiz her last night and she said she got rid as there was no point in it.

I guess blogging doesn't suit everyone

HelpXtra said...

Losing the thread ? Peabrain ? Where's that cupboard ?

HelpXtra said...

Just been looking at your Flickr photostream, good shots, I particularly like the levitating spaniel!

70steen said...

GW ~ the spniel does levitate well particularly on the beach she loves it .. and thank you

[ now shuusssh don't tell anyone here is the key to the cupboard ...
http://www.fuelmyblog.com/index.jsp?l=blog ]

fracas said...

Isn't it funny how certain songs just stick?

Music from the 70s just has a special feel to it, doesn't it? I was still a teen into the 80s, and yet 80s music doesn't do the same thing. Oh sure, the odd song... but not like what came out of the 70s.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your hard work on the house sis.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Note to self - reassess my estimate of Fraccy's age - tee hee heeeeeeeee


[skips away to hiding place]

70steen said...

Dear Frac ~ yes 70s music does have that certain je ne sais quoi

I will take some photos when I eventually finish it ... I should have done some before and after pics I suppose :-)

70steen said...

oh DP you so love living on the edge ... lol

fracas said...

Well... with all the bran, prune juice and denture creams delivered to the office, DP knows that's the only way he'll ever be considered edgy again. (giggles)

No need to worry your poor old head with all that math DP, I'll help you out. I will be 45 this year, so was *technically* a teen until 1984.

You know.... a good thirty years younger than you.

tee heee...