Monday 14 April 2008

14th April 1979

Saturday 14
Work 11 - 5.00
£4.40 wages
= dead busy
Washed my hair
Went to Follies Nightclub = hot
& crap
Went back to Fi's

First we went to Pizzaland for spaghetti bolangnese = smart

(Spag Bol was a great treat back then.... we thought we were so sophisticated eating 'foreign food!!' lol )
Home at 2.00 am


From last nights quickie quiz... it was d
ifficult wasn't it!!
I only got the keybaord player as I am Donny's number one fan ... knew his middle name & the fact his nickname was Corky .... but I had forgotten I knew that until I read the clues!!!

The answer does not give the names of the people.... middle top row is David Essex and bottom row is Eric Faulkner ~ Bay City Rollers & of course Donny (swoon)

I have no idea whatsoever who the other two guys are on the top row! Any ideas before I start googling??? Annie Mouse may know???



Oh almost forgot again ????
Lovely Auntie Dar tagged me to reveal my desktop .
I don't do stuff like this as a rule (as you know) but I liked the sound of this. People's desk tops I think show something about themselves. Mine used to change with what ever was going on in my life but since I got this one it has been a constant .... so here it is
(my teen showed me how to do it!!)

Don't usually tag people either but I will this time Annie Mouse (she doesn't have a blog but she can send it me and I will post it here), Daddy P (of course but know he won't do it!). Sugar Queen (as I would love to see what she looks at everyday ), tNb (once her feet hit ground level again ... we may have to wait an eternity for that though) & Sylvie (coz I know it will be lovely :-))

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

70's...its the lead singer out of pilot (january). and rodger taylor out of queen. what are you going to do without me when i go back to work??

70steen said...

I had a sneeky feeling it was a Pilot guy 'January sick 'n' tired you've been hanging on me' (I never liked that song as my Birthday is in January!! but NO WAY that is Rodger Taylor????

Sorry Annie you are not allowed to go back to work!!

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Desk top

http://www.wincustomize.com/zoom.aspx?skinid=35143&libid=8

Designed by number I son. It is not a photograph!

I always join in the fun - tee hee

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Annie's employable!!?! - blimey

Anonymous said...

just got the queen expert in and he agrees it is rodger taylor. looks like he has a wig on though.

unfortunately my days of 70's researcher will soon be over, can't say i want to go back to work...sob sob.

Anonymous said...

from what i have heard isn't it past your bed time DP????

cheeky!!!!

70steen said...

DP ~ I so what Tiggz to invent an image for me (70s pleading only this once)

70steen said...

DP~ ooooooo!

Annie ~touche to DP ~ you may now take the pebble from my hand ....

70steen said...

[Annie I am still not convinced about Rodger but I know you have consulted well]

Anonymous said...

i thank you grasshopper....me thinks?????

70steen said...

whoops DP replace 'what' with 'want'
Gosh I do so hate the fact I was not taught to type .. and spell lol

darlene said...

ahhh wtg, nice job!!!

70steen said...

Dar~ thank you hun :-)

shle3pyb4by said...

bolognese! yummy yumms!! always been my fav!! thats why i thought i have soft spot for italian guys, me thinks! :)

anyway, beautiful picture!! is that teen, or you? :)

good night! im having a mug of hot choc now! :)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

The chances of Tiggz getting involved is highly unlikely - living in another Galaxy and all!

70steen said...

b$by # love spag bol too must admit my favourite is lasagne (made by me of course)

Thank you ~ That is my teen, it was taken just before she was one :-)

70steen said...

DP ~ I didn't think for one second Tiggz would deign to come out of hyper galactic space to make ickle old me a desk top master piece.... but if you don't ask etc etc :-)

Daddy Papersurfer said...

...... and if you don't tsk as well .......

70steen said...

I am a mere junior in the tsking stakes

70steen said...

Party over at DP's .... he said everyone invited - drinks are free

shle3pyb4by said...

hey there! :)

i was too late. daddy asleep i think. :( i am off to make myself a mug of hot choc though... i cant write as well today, but definitely will be starting off again tomorrow! :)

tell Teen i said hello! :)

Anonymous said...

hey B4BY you missed a brill party, a mug of hot choc sounds really good may do one for myself too.

70steen said...

b4by ~ hi hun
pop along to DPs place he has a blog birthday and would love to see you there
I will pass on a wave and a twirl to teen (mmm we have not seen too many twirls of late from you ?)

Take care ;-)

70steen said...

yep it is gone 22.00 hours so DP will be snoozing (snoring)

Hot chocolate all round then
Cheers :-)

shle3pyb4by said...

he is actually awake last night, and i am off to bed earlier than daddy! hmm... :)

annie, we'll be having hot choc again tonight, eh?

btw, 70steen.... more twirls coming soon. i miss blogging, btw! :(

70steen said...

B4by ~ blogsphere is very quiet just now ... hurry back :-)