Wednesday 15 August 2007

Blood, Sweat & Tears

I thought I would post this now as it is sort of mid my 70steen years.
There is no recollection as to what year it was but I think 1976 is only a year either way.

Kate and I went to see Blood Sweat & Tears at the Floral Hall. I have no recollection what their music was about either but we went. I think it may have been Kate's influence as she was that bit older than me.

After the concert we went back stage and chatted to the band (I do remember that there wasn't a lot of folk doing the same)

We got their autographs and suddenly, out of the blue one of the band members said' we are off to London now, do you want to join us and party?'

I may not remember the year nor their music but I so vividly remember alarm bells ringing in my head, all of them saying Nooooooooooooooo!

My Mum mentioned this to me not so long ago, after I had booked tickets for my teen to see McFly. I told her that her grand-daughter had informed me that she will be going back stage after the concert and me replying 'NO WAY!'


Mum reminded me about when she came to collect us after this concert at the arranged pick up place we were not there. So she and Kate's dad came looking for us. She found us on the steps of a huge tour bus surrounded by a bunch of older bearded men.

So I must remember this when my teen says and does stuff .. there is always the sub conscious alarm bell which I hope ring louder than the 'what the hell' one

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lucky escape! I have voices in my head as well.

70steen said...

That is why you need to keep taking the tablets and not Smarties

Anonymous said...

You are so wise [for a Northern lass]

70steen said...

I am????

Anonymous said...

No - not really - but I'm ever so nice and try to encourage when I can.