Saturday 12 May 2007

Summer of '74 ~week one day 4

Thursday 25th July

Got up at 10.35. Washed my hair. Messed about at home all morning was supposed to be tidying my bedroom, Mum went mad last night at me. Don't know why? I know were everything is, I like it as it is. She just went on and on last night about it.

After dinner I called for Jackie. We went down to the lido. Got followed by Peter B & Tony W, they are so horrible (sorry lads you were probably ok really)
Came home at 4 o'clock. Played records and made up some dances in the front room. Jackie went home at 5.30.
Had tea and called for Mel at 7.00. Walked round the village, I hoped to see Chris C to apologise to him (mmmm? I wonder what for?).
Came home and played records til older bro came in with his mate. Got kicked out of the front room at 10.30, I really don't like him somethimes!
I wrote down my holiday list and watched 'Cinema' until 11.05.
Went to bed cuddling my bunny who I have renamed 'Chris' (god I feel quite nauseous now & who on earth was 'Chris' ?)
Got another telling off about my bedroom ! (oh no I have become my mother....... how & when did that happen??)

4 comments:

Enumerator said...

This is fascinating. I think I am now starting to work out why it was I ddn't understand girls in my youth. ( I'm still not sure if I understand them, but that's another story). Keep 'em coming, 70s teen.

70steen said...

Thank you Enumerator. If it is any comfort to you even if you had of understood us girls in your youth you would have probably been ditched at the drop of a hat coz that is apparently what we did? There seemed to be a better looking spotty youth around each corner!

Meatpaste said...

I absolutely agree with enumerator. Girls were a complete mystery. Barry Blue and ELP!!!
Keep up the blog - it's excellent.

70steen said...

I hope I have not opened Pandoras box Meatpaste, and unleashed a torrent of otherwise dealt with teenage anx!!
Thank you, glad you are enjoying it
:-)