Sunday 1 July 2007

Summer of '74 ~ week six day 1 (& the holidays are nearly over)

Saturday 31st August
Went to Southport.
Bought Showaddywaddy and The Osmonds



and that is it I am afraid........ so off into the world of internet for more information, I think it would have been easier to go up into the loft and root out the singles from the dark recesses!!

Showaddywaddy - they won New Faces in April 1974 and their first single was 'Hey Rock 'n' Roll'.



On the 2nd August 1974 they released 'Rock 'n' Roll Lady' and this is what I must have bought (goodness knows why?)

Now the Osmonds, as you would expect, are a different matter :-)

'Love Me For Reason' was released in 1974, fabulous song also covered by I think Boyzone in the 90's!!!!

I know that this 45 is lurking in the loft. (Thank god it wasn't 'Crazy Horses' I so detested that then and even more now!)

Hope you notice that Donny is co-ordinated with purple (his favourite colour and the colour of my bedroom then..... great teen girl PR!!)

Also lurking in my loft is 'Let me In' (is that a spot I see on Donny's face??).

'Love Me For Reason' and this are still favs with me (Let me In is an all time fav......yes I know I am an old romantic) and of course I still know all the words, but the dance moves have me a bit flumouxed now & NO I wouldn't go to a Donny concert with 40 something women swooning all over the place, so undignified lol!!


No comments: