Thursday 5 July 2007

Now I know why I was sick


Tuesday 3rd September


Go back to Colditz (yes it is that bad)


(Now as if that would wash with Mum, feeling sick the day before back to school, I think not... but hence the 9.15 to bed!! That is all that was written in the Summer of 1974 A5 lined Lion Brand Exercise book for events. There is, however, a hastily written Top 10, from the radio.. oh and the words to 'Willie and the Hand Jive... )


1. 3 Degrees

2. B.C.R.

3. Hues Corp

4. Eric Clapton

5. Mud

6. D&M

7. J. Ruffin

8. G. Macrea

9. R.Stones

10. Stylistics


(a prize for naming the songs ??? Hues Corp must be 'Rock the boat', which reminds me of te fairground & Eric - Willie and the Hand Jive)


In a vain hope I had recorded more elsewhere I consulted the 'master' diary the one that I have added to in the years periodically that have passed and blow me down I had written there!)


Jackie called for me at 8.30. God all the lads it is enough to scare you out ya wits (another school locally had closed down ... yes a boys school and mostly they came to our school and they were 'older boys'!)


Got our timetable 4 lessons of German a week (yuk and double yuk), Maths everyday (sick spew) (yes I hated Math).

Our English teacher ain't bad, he's old but he's got a great sense of humour, today he nearly had us falling off our chairs laughin'

( I guess as teen to be old and have a sense of hunour is a novelty ... now when I say 'old' he was probably not much older than I am now !! I do remember him though, he taught us the 'circles of life' . In brief when you are down you are at the bottom of a circle so the only way is up to the top again. Ok when you are at the top you will realise that yo will go down again at some juncture... but it could be just a small circle and you are back up again in no time at all. I hope that made sense in the quick explanation.

I have carried this theory with me through life, when things have got tough, and my word they have been at times (C'est la vie) I think 'the next stage is up' and when things are going really well I think ' ok treasure this moment as it won't last forever and the downward spiral may not be severe but if it is then I will go up again'.... has worked for me and served me well over the past 30 odd years :-) )

Freak & Toffee have grown beards they look terrible. We have loads of new teachers.

Shaz now goes to our school, she will probably bash me before the weeks out HELP!!

No comments: