Wednesday 18 July 2007

1975 February

Mon 17th Feb
Went to Jackie's, she didn't want to go to town so I went on my own. I bought a grey skirt for school £1.99 from Etams. I lost my other one.

Tues 18th Feb
Washed my hair and had a bath (oh my it isn't Sunday is it?)
Electric man came £36.00 in the box and £2.35 rebate.. disgusting (obviously my mum talking here that I have repeated as I would not have a clue as a teenager!!)
Mum finished my jumper for school it is great (now if I had kintted a jumper for her for school she would be mortified now..... we do have a standing joke where when she wants something I say 'ok I will knit you one')

Wed 19th Feb
Singed a big mark in my new jumper
(now this was one of the biggest dilemas in my life. We were on the poverty line. Mum had sat up after working all day and looking after us kids, to knit me a jumper for school. I vividly recall being cold at home and putting the jumper on and sitting with my back to the gas fire..... I could smell singing but alas it was too late. I big yellow singe on my brown jumper. For weeks I washed it myself and coloured the back in with brown felt pen, I felt so bad at the effort Mum had made to do this for me. Only when I thought a resonable time had passed did I 'cough' to the crime. I was made to wear it though, so I kept colouring it in and didn't take my blazer off. Such a big lesson in life)

Thurs 20th Feb
Netball Practise (hey we are on 1/2 term??)

Fri 21st Feb
Kate came down
Went shopping in the supermarket

Sat 22nd Feb
Had my hair trimmed. Saw this lad, I don't know his first name but he known as 'Tay', what a cor!

Sun 23rd Feb
Went to Kate's house (what no bath .. oh yes I had one Tuesday !)



2 comments:

Mystic Veg said...

It's your turn to hand out autograph's now!

70steen said...

Wow Thanks Mike. I may pop by later and visit

MV~ oh the heady heights of celeb status, I went out and bought a large pair of sunglasses today so I can walk through the streets un-noticed, have practiced my autograph 100s of times now but just not happy with the results yet... how are you coping with the paparazzi at the allotments??