Sunday 2 November 2008

2nd November 1979

Friday 2
Go to Stafford
Left our house at 10.15
Got to Stafford at 12.40
Got chatted up on the way there by a fella from Sudan (my oh my do I remember that journey. This chap sat opposite me and started to ask me what is that river, what is that village etc as we passed on the train. He seemed harmless enough!... Then he said 'do you have black relations?', I said no I don't but I have friends who are black'... he said ' No I mean sexual relations'.... I didn't know if to laugh or scream.. lol. Before I could catch my breath and answer he continued ' I am looking for pretty English lady to be my wife and come and live in the Sudan with me'....... luckily we were just pulling into Stafford station and you have never seen anyone get off a train so fast ... gosh I could have been part of a harem)
Went to Hixon football club do = great
Dressed up as a school boy (I wonder if it was a fancy dress party lol)
Home at 3.00 am

Well in answer to yesterdays ' so who did I meet?'... Annie Mouse was correct on her final answer. And DP you are about to resign tee hee.......

OMG yes David Essex.. I just couldn't believe it. He is looking great for 61 years old.

His current musical 'All the Fun of the Fair' just finished at the Palace Theatre Manchester, it was his final performance so how lucky (or jammie as Annie Mouse put it) was I to be passing at the right time... ahhh swoon.
I last saw him in the flesh (so to speak) in 1979





Ah swoon......

Anyway life is so exciting just now .. last weekend I did a mini blog meet... please pop over to Fuel My Blog and read all about it

15 comments:

Annie Mouse said...

DP, don't be sad you know i always beat you on these quiz things of 70's.

whats the prize 70's????

Annie Mouse said...

what happened to text me on the day and i'll see if i can come??

70steen said...

Did I mention a prize?? eeks...

sorry hun I thought you would have been at M-in-laws for a teen birthday do...

Annie Mouse said...

personally i would of liked to of met Benny out of crossroads, oh he was soooooooo cute, miss diane.

Annie Mouse said...

no not at m-inlaws.

Annie Mouse said...

no you didn't mention a prize, i was just trying to fiddle one anyway.

70steen said...

phew that is a relief and the fact I didn't up a prize too ;-)

Annie Mouse said...

i thought it might be johnny depp, and if it was i wanted the real one and not the toy.

Anonymous said...

he brushes up well for an old boy

Daddy Papersurfer said...

Give me a job and then I'll resign!!!
At least he's a lot older than me - if you are counting in seconds - poor old fella .........

*TSK*

fracas said...

Exactly what I was going to say regarding DP's resignation.

Hmmm. I think you should resign from flotsam. No more posting of flotsam. Only serious business, knitting and poetry from here on in.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

You're keeping a very close eye on me aren't you Fraccy? - very wise, very wise indeed .....

70steen said...

NM ~ He has always brushed up well in my eyes ... swoon :-)

70steen said...

DP ~ surely he is not older than you I am aghast .... *snigger*

I thought you had a job? So where is it you disappear to every day and does TG know? lol

70steen said...

Dear Frac ~ ditto what DP said... from your sick bed you are doing a tremendous job I am proud of you ... keep up the good work hun x