Saturday 19 April 2008

19th April 1979

Thursday 19
Got up at 10.00
Came back here at lunch time

Went into town (Southport)

Bought £3.00 material for a jacket

Phoned Sam

Started jacket (oh my I wonder what disaster that was??)

Yesterday I posted '1971 and all that' on FuelMyBlog. I had to do some research for this as I don't recall the headlines of the time
then.
It got me thinking though, I wonder what I missed in the first 4 months of 1979?..... loads obviously.

I found, however, there was a lot of doom and gloom about (nothing changes hey!)
But then I came across this gem

20th April 1979, President Carter was out fishing on his own in Georgia, when he was attacked by a swimming swa
mp rabbit. Apparently it was "hissing menacingly, its teeth flashing and nostrils flared and making straight for the president"

To read more click here!

You just couldn't make it up could you?
Except unless of course you were the Monty Python crew ..... the Holy Grail - killer rabbit clip




Also from the same film but done in lego (sooooo clever) - the French Taunter ... classic last line hee hee

2 comments:

Daddy Papersurfer said...

I still haven't seen the Holy Grail - and we were given a boxed set of all the Python films a couple of years ago - what's that all about? ..... don't ask me.....

70steen said...

DP~ you must watch them & if you are not there is a DVD shelf that would welcome them up Norff