Saturday 30th December 1978
Got up at 9.30 & said goodbye to Sam
Went to work
Got £2.00 wages as I borrowed £2.00 last week (oh don't you just hate that !!)
Went to the Houghton for lunch with Sam
Sam came for tea
Phoned Fi & 'J'
Went to Follies again
Stan, my brother and Mike came too
Mike was really grumpy
= dead good (again Follies that is)
Got home at 2.00
Sam stayed at Mike's
I have a bit of a quandary! Tomorrow is the last day of my 1978 diary & I can't find the last year of the 70s, which I know I would have kept as I was given a diary for Christmas.
Oh the shelf life for 70steen is almost up. I will have to my thinking cap on or disappear and come back as 80's teen!!!!!!!
So whilst I contemplate my future enjoy some classic Peter Kay Universal Truth's (the last one is my favourite)
1) Triangular sandwiches taste better than square ones.
2) At the end of every party there is always a girl crying.
3) One of the most awkward things that can happen in a pub is when your pint-to-toilet cycle gets synchronised with a complete stranger.
4) Sharpening a pencil with a knife makes you feel really manly.
5) You're never quite sure whether it's against the law or not to have a fire in your back garden.
6) Nobody ever dares make cup-a-soup in a bowl.
7) You never know where to look when eating a banana.
8) You always feel a bit scared when stroking horses.
9) The smaller the monkey the more it looks like it would kill you at the first given opportunity.
10) Every bloke has at some stage while taking a pee, flushed half way through and then raced against the flush.
11) Its impossible to look cool whilst picking up a Frisbee.
12) Driving through a tunnel makes you feel excited.
13) Old ladies can eat more than you think.
14) You can't respect a man who carries a dog.
15) Despite constant warning, you have never met anybody who has had their arm broken by a swan.
16) You've turned into your dad the day you put aside a thin piece of wood specifically to stir paint with.