Tuesday 29 May 2007

Well I'll be..................

What can I say, as today one of my favourite bloggers nominated me for a Thinkers Award .......... Thomas thank you so much you are a gent.

I must admit to neglecting my teen years for a while due to new addition to the 70steen household, a small creature that has 4 legs and looks currently like a badly washed toupee but I am sure she will grow out of it!!

As Thomas rightly said I am new to all this and typing and technology just don't compute with me some how. So you can probably imagine my current dilema here as I flit between about 10 open windows trying to link and surf.

Anyway here goes these are my 5 nominations (in no particular order that would take even more resolve)

Bill Blunt........ Although Thomas felt he couldn't nominate him for reasons only known to himself, I have him on my 'must visit daily' list. His observations are sometimes (ok usually)bordering on the bizarre, a slant on life this young teen has never before seen, but he has opened my eyes to a bright light or two (particularly 'Thats about the size of it!!!!!!')

F.A.I. - My Grandad.................... a newbie to blog, just like me! It looks like it there could be a promising tale coming through here. Sort of gets me to imagining the world of 'Upstairs Downstairs'. A time of simple lives yet at the same time fraugt with their own complexities, along with Masters and Servants and folk knowing their place. Good Luck LT .

That brings me nicely to my next nomination Lord Likely what a cad and a bounder but love his tales to bits. However, I think before long he will have to borrow that asset from Bill's page because surely by now it must be about to drop off!

The Slim Blue Line ....... I have enjoyed this blog as I have dipped my toe into a similar world she has found herself in and can I.D. with her observations. I have just dropped in on her page and find it is ceasing on the 10th June. I do hope that her covert observations have not got her restrained in her own handcuffs?

& finally I have to nominate Thomas's most excellent adventures of Harry McFry. I first started reading it around Feb/March time, inwardly digesting and becoming instantly hooked. I love the scene settings, the descriptive writing that allows your mind to wander onto the rainy streets of the Wirral (no offence folk from the Wirral I know it is beautiful over there) or to my favourite city of Madrid. Keep it up Thomas ... I need my daily dose!!!!!!

Now what do I do???
Oh yes post this and check all my links work :-)

(Phew need a lie down and chill out listening to some Donny records)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your nomination. It's nice to know that someone thinks I'm a thinker.

In this world it's very easy to get seduced by prissy intellectuals with glasses and a slight North Atlantic accent (no offence, Thomas Hamburger Jnr, if you're reading this).

It's a brave man who accuses Bill Blunt of over-sentimentality, but your nomination brought a tear to my eye, and I don't care who knows it.

70steen said...

Awww Bill you big old softy you, I'll nominate you for a big hug next time (shhh don't tell DM or Mrs B)