Monday 21 May 2007

Summer of '74 ~ week three day 1

Saturday 10th August
Got up at 5.00 am to go home. Finally got home at 3.00 pm, we stopped off for sandwiches on the way.

My brother kept teasing me about Tony...... hate him (my brother not Tony)

We went straight to get Tina out of the cattery. She was so weird in the car she sat on the back shelf and would not come to me. She kept meowing and shaking. (Now Tina was my replacement cat after Timmy, our Tom, had decided he would rather live above the Bank in the village than with us after we moved from Liverpool. Tina lived 'til she was 21, some going hey? I remember getting a call at work form my elder brother when I was a manager in a High Street store ... I got a message 'please phone home ... it is urgent!' although I was gutted I was so glad it was only the cat that had died!)

Said goodbye to Kate and her dad.

Went to my bedroom and played records and unpacked my case. Oh I hope Tony writes soon. I know I may not see him again but it would be lovely if he wrote to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had the same trumour when i left liverpool for southport, i had to leave my cat susan, my aunty em tried to get her in the car but as she shut the door her tale got caught and she ran off. so the old lady up the road looked after ...or so i was told.