Sunday 20 May 2007

Summer of '74 ~ Went on Holiday day 5


Wednesday 7th August
Got up at 8.30 am and we went to Cromer. I bought some souvenirs from the Life Boat shop and I also bought some scraper boards.

We came back and we went to the Wimpy bar (wow how fab were these.... sit down, knife and fork fast food!!)

Anyway after dinner we went to Thursford to see some organs from about the 1800's (now I do remember this and I am so surprised I have not made some comment in the diary...... I was the bordest of bored people I can tell you! Maybe I was scared my mum would find my diary and be upset that we didn't have a great time.......... I think, however, that would have been the least of my worries lol)

We came home and we had scrambled eggs on toast. Me & Kate had to wash our hair and it took about an hour. When our hair was dry we went out. (I can hear my mothers voice now ' you can't go out with wet hair you will get a chill!')

I saw the lad I saw on Monday and he was with a girl, I felt so upset.
We played bingo. My brother won and so did Kate. As she won on the bonus line as well she got a box of 'Quality Streets' (I think these days I would be more gutted I missed out on winning the chocolates).

Came home and my brother was teasing me. I broke up went to upstairs and cried (brothers don't you just love them !!)