Wednesday 30 May 2007

Summer of '74 ~ week three day 4

Tuesday 13th August

Got up at 10.45.
The Electricman came to empty the meter (I remember once when he came, the meter had loads of world cup coins (used to get them free with Esso fuel) in it because they were the same size as a 10p, Mum went mad as she had to pay the difference...... of course it wasn't us kids!! Ok we used to 'borrow' off the small pile of 10p's for sweets then my brother discovered the world cup coins fitted perfectly......doh! what made us think we would not be caught)

Went to Jackies. Did Mums shopping.
Saw Bigsy, Kazza and Lou. Bigsy was on he cadge as ususal.

Kate came down. We went for a walk round the village. Saw Chris, I said 'Hello' he grinned. Kate saw Kailer. He said 'Hello' first (obviously very important!)

Listened to records and Kate went home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how brilliant, i remember those coins i was telling my son the other week about them, as they maybe worth a lot of money now.

just reading from the beginning. you don't mind do you?

70steen said...

Of course I don't mind I am going to have to do that myself soon, to pick the best 20 pages to put in my Blog2Print book I won
:-)