Monday 21 May 2007

Summer of '74 ~ Went on Holiday day 7

Friday 9th August

Got up at 9.00.


We walked around Sheringham. I bought 4 bangles, some rock and I won 3 times on the Bingo. (about bloody time.... how much would I have spent now about £2.50??)



I got a teddy bear, a glass jar and a box of Quality Street.

(I wonder if it was like the last glass jar, or vase as it was described on the box, that I won at a Charity Raffle a couple of years ago? It was certainly not something you would have put on display at home, it looked like something you would use whilst confined to a hospital bed!!... however, it finally looks like my luck had changed )
After the bingo we went to amusements. The lad that I had mentioned had seen was there and he came up to talk to me (swoon). His name was Tony.
I had 3 games of Air Hockey with him and he won me each time ( I must have let him win ...... I am ace at Air Hockey lol).

I gave him my address. I hope he writes! (Oh No !!!! heading for a fall girl I can see it now!)
He was telling me about the weather there last year (wow interesting honest) .... (glad to see I had learnt sarcasm at such an early age)

He was wearing blue jeans, a purple T-shirt and a black Cordorry jacket (Spellings R Us). His mate Kenny was the one in the pram race with the blue nightie and bunches!


Had to go home for 9.30 as we are up early to go back home.

Went home and packed my case, Mum was cleaning the cottage when we got back. I think it is cleaner than when we came.

Oh I wish we weren't going home tomorrow!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and you let your teen stay out till what time at greenacres...tee hee