Monday 14 May 2007

Summer of '74 ~week one day 5


Friday 26th July


Called for Mel at 10.15 am, I knew her mum would be out at work so I was allowed in and we had tea and toast. Came back to my house to play records. Mel remembered she had left her bike outside the supermarket in the village, we dashed back and it was still there (wow them were the days when you left something and it was still there when you got back lol)

Got the bus into town. Phil P was on it corrrrr, he is so gorgeous! I just could not speak to him but where I sat on the bus I could see him.


Went to the fairground, went on the Speedway 3 times, the Saterlite twice and Brian from school works on the Caterpillar so he let us on for free. Went on the Waltzer, Mel loves it, this old guy with no teeth who works on them kept spinning us round, I felt so sick!

Got the number 9 bus home which we didn't know stopped 2 miles from home. Had to walk it. It was 5.30 when we got off the bus, 2 lads in a car stopped and offered us a lift..... we told them were to go (oh how sensible were we!!)

Mum went mad as I was late home and my tea was in the bin. Was sent to my room so I listened to Donny all night.
(It would seem I spent my life at the fairground .... now will I let my teenager go to the travelling one here? ermmmm NO!)

No comments: