Friday 18 May 2007

Summer of '74 ~ Went on Holiday day 3

Monday 5th August

Got up at 9 o'clock. I bough a morning paper and a gold necklace (newsagents come jewellers obviously lol)

We then went to the Norfolk Broads. The scenery and lads were gorgeous.

There were three on one boat who were grinning at me but Kate didn't seen them. Then there was five of them on a boat, we waved and they waved back and shouted back ... they were all cor.......

(reality check here!! Dug deep into the photo album and found a piccy of that day. Now they were probably grinning and shouting in horror and off to find the Fashion Police... what was my Mum thinking of letting me out the house dressed like this???)


We came back home and we went to the SEAVIEW cafe and had a meal of ham & chips, then we played golf. My brother got 54, Kate 91, I got 99 ( I guess highest score doesn't win !)

We went to the Bingo and I spent 50p and never won once. Then we went to play Airhockey (still love Airhockey.. fab game)

When we were leaving this lad shouted 'See ya'... he was lovely, the best I have seen yet (rolling my eyes !!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is destined for great things. It's rare to find such a perfect time capsule for this period.
Long may you blog!

Bill

Enumerator said...

Damn nylon sheets. I once had the flu sleeping between them and swam out of bed. Disgusting. If there are any left in the UK they should be gathered up and burned.

70steen said...

Bill
Thank you for your kind comments it means alot to me coming from a man of mature years who has accumulated a wealth of experience and incredible wisdom along the way!!! Your, may I say, 'bluntness; and 'say it how it is' manner is an inspiration to all us young bloggers

Enumerator
I can thankfully say, that to date (as an adult), I have yet to come across any 'swimming sheets' despite many overnight stays in hotels all around the UK (purely in a profssional sense ... on business you understand.... honestly!!)It always pays to to just aim that little bit higher and pay that extra fiver!