Saturday 27 September 2008

27th September 1972


A strange colour combo? I wonder if she can fly unaided with that collar??

Thursday 27
Not a bad day at college
Told my home lecturer I was discontented with the Business Studies lecturer.
Finished my Sociology essay.

It took all night.
I am not going to Stafford this weekend
Cos Sam wants to do some work.

He is working at the Woolpack tonight.



It is amazing how your writing changes with time. From those initial scribbles on a page as a young child, to learning 'joined up writing'. I was taught around aged 10 to write like this (but a bit more swirly than this example).



To the adaptations you make as teen to how you where taught to write to the writing as an adult.
Today it hit me hard just how little I actually do put pen to paper. I bought something in a shop and their chip 'n
' pin was broken so I actually had to replicate the signature that appears on my debit card.. combined with a dodgy shoulder I am surprised they didn't call in the fraud squad... I found it so difficult to sign my name.
God help when I am a 'one armed bandit' next month .. there is no way I will be able to sign.

Thought I would post a few 70s pictures tonight......



Can anyone tell me.. in the 70s where did men put their 'meat and two veg'? It certainly isn't obvious in these pictures!!!
now if you could sew would you ... and I mean would you make an outfit like this??



so ripe for a caption ' I so what to kiss you for this Mr Carter '... 'oh ok but no tongues!'

rather suspect hand communication from our right wing leader and husband at the time lol

I must mention in this post today that Paul Newman died today. He was a household name through out my growing up years. In 1979 he competed at La Mans as he was a keen racing driver. I particularly loved him in 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid' .. he was noted as saying about having affairs as 'why both with hamburger when you can have steak at home' a classic line.
He had a good innings aged 83... a legend indeed ...

I so love this song



15 comments:

MYM said...

Jumpsuits. LOL...can't stop laughing at that one.

Annie Mouse said...

oh no because i don't read a paper or watch the news i did't know paul newman had died. his wife of many years must be in bits. theres seems a real love story.

Daddy Papersurfer said...

My hand-writing has always been rubbish. When I taught I had to write in capitals on black/green/white boards - actually I can print in capitals very quickly now - and my signature is totally random ....

Anonymous said...

oh my eyes my eyes... that white jumpsuit...

Anonymous said...

I have had a pathetic hand writing till 5th grade to an extent that I always got 'untidy and 'improve your handwriting' as comments. I did work hard to improve my handwriting but now it is back to pathetic because now I only type and am almost out of touch of writing with pen.

Shameful!!

70steen said...

I have just noticed that I titled this post as 1972... doh!

70steen said...

DM~ hee hee how bad is that jump suit? And about to pole dance too .... was just thinking you know who would look 'good' in this your mate SHC *snigger*

70steen said...

Annie ~ yes it was announced on the radio last night when I was mid way posting this .... he seemed such lovely man and did an awful lot for charity with his cooking ranges

70steen said...

DP ~ you maynot write neatly but you sure can draw beautifully... I know which one I would chose out of the two

70steen said...

NM ~ I fear the jumpsuit guy won't be able to take part in your survey you are running today... lol ;-0

70steen said...

SB ~ yes I know what you mean I worked hard and did develop a decent bit of handwriting, I can still do it if I take my time ut like you I hardly ever write ... which is a dreadful shame.
Can't think the last time I actually wrote a letter to anyone???

Daddy Papersurfer said...

You's a sweety ...... [but don't ever repeat that!]

fracas said...

LOL, where did they put their meat and two veg?

You're so my fraccy sis. I'm still giggling... but, do you really want to know?

I don't think 'regular' guys did this, and I'm not admitting to checking it out at the time (since I too, was only 15 then and I think people would frown on a 15 year old looking to be a veg-etarian...) but I understand it involves the use of some tape and some creative trussing.

These days, they don't bother with the tape... and they sometimes add a sock because the teens *are* looking.

Oh my. I did say that. Better tell DP not to read this comment. He'll scold me for sure.

70steen said...

I'm a sweety ... oops sorry I repeated but I only said it once so hopefully I got away with it!! :-)

70steen said...

hee hee dear frac ... no I am not sure I want to know but now you have told me .... tape?? imagine pulling that off rofl....

ooo Frac you will be in trouble here with DP don't worry he fairly behaves himself in here.... gosh did I really say that????